Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Question About Life

I heard this and it really struck a cord with me.  I’ve always had thoughts in my mind that the chase is better than the catch.  I think I’ve always been about the process more so than the end result.

What are your thoughts?

34 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I heard this and it really struck a cord with me.  I’ve always had thoughts in my mind that the chase is better than the catch.  I think I’ve always been about the process more so than the end result.

What are your thoughts?

I agree 100%.  Don't ever stop chasing.  I always want to be chasing something.

I actually had about a 2 minute chat with Donovan when Florida made the final four in Dallas a few years back.  He admired the Wyo gear that me and my sons were wearing.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

The human condition always wants more.  Just point to the females in your life, if you buy them the house of their dreams with the closet of their dreams they will move from the last house of their dreams and sell all the cloths of their dreams just to move into the next house and fill it with more cloths.

To be fair every time I buy the last gun i need, I find another one I need more though.

You will never be perfectly content, enjoy the ride or you will never be happy.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:
I think I’ve always been about the process more so than the end result.

What are your thoughts?

This struck a chord with me as well.

I was most depressed after I accomplished all of my major career goals. Felt like staring into an abyss. Thirty-five more years until retirement, that’s it, that’s all there is?  

The chase is all good, but at some point, like Billy Donovan, you’re just chasing the same goal again, the next big project is basically the same as the last one, but not as big of a deal this time. 

The phrase stop to smell the roses couldn’t be more true. You have to savor and appreciate those special moments in your life because they usually are very rare and don’t seem to last very long.  People always say you should have goals in your life, but I’ve never been one of those. I just take life one day at a time and enjoy the good times and try not to dwell on the bad times. Its probably weird, but it works for me. 

1 hour ago, edluvar said:

Golf is for everyone blues.  It’s truly the game of the people.  

Golf is great.  It gives aging, nonathletic, lazy and often drunk men something outside to do while keeping them in the city and out of the mountains.  I love golf. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Golf is great.  It gives aging, nonathletic, lazy and often drunk men something outside to do while keeping them in the city and out of the mountains.  I love golf. 

Exactly!  It’s like driving cars or shooting guns.  Anyone can do it and have fun. 

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Exactly!  It’s like driving cars or shooting guns.  Anyone can do it and have fun. 

Golf is boring.;  However I enjoy it if I am with good company.  Never something I would look forward to doing alone, unlike fishing, hiking, riding or taking a solid shit.  Similar to darts or bowling in that regard.

19 hours ago, edluvar said:

Golf is for everyone blues.  It’s truly the game of the people.  

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The one good thing about golf is it keeps stupid city people from discovering the outdoors and real sports.

36 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The one good thing about golf is it keeps stupid city people from discovering the outdoors and real sports.

You think they are building golf courses in the city?   Do you know how much land is?

Posted Image

40 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

This is what people in the poor parts of regions surrounded by federal lands sound like.  There are golf courses all through the heartland, far from cities.   

9 minutes ago, edluvar said:

You think they are building golf courses in the city?   Do you know how much land is?

That is the only place there are golf courses.  So yes.

Yet they really aren't building many golf courses anymore golf is becoming far less popular.  They are closing golf courses.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

What do you consider a "real sport"?

Are any "real sports" played by old men?

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

What do you consider a "real sport"?

Are any "real sports" played by old men?

A sport requires a test of athletic ability.  You know agility, speed, endurance, concentration, coordination and sweat.    Golf only includes two of those 6 items just like chess, billiards, and poker.

Hunting, football, track and field, basketball, are sports.