Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Let's go Canes! Thursday's win set a new sports attendance record at PNC... the only bigger crowd there was Metallica a few years back. I wanted to go, but the least expensive tickets I found were $300 for nosebleed seats. 

Oh what winning can do.  I go to 2-3 Canes games per year when in RTP for work.  It's been many years since I've seen PNC more than even 1/3 full.

3 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Oh what winning can do.  I go to 2-3 Canes games per year when in RTP for work.  It's been many years since I've seen PNC more than even 1/3 full.

Winning certainly plays a part in it, but the new owner has really invested in the in-arena experience as well as community outreach. There are a lot of cool theme nights now as well, like the "homegrown" series that features a different local brewery and special commemorative limited-edition shirts. 

19 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

With Tampa out , Calgary out and Boston on the ropes............this entire playoff is wide open for everyone 

Blue Jackets are no joke, Avs are young, fast, and very talented. I wouldn't be surprised if these two ended up in the finals. I also like the Islanders.

Schwartz gets a hat trick, Blues take the series over the Jets.  :rock:

l396IYmjzHKgQ7b7q.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

The Blues jettison the Jets.  Only the Leafs remain as the lone representative from north of the 49th.  It doesn't bode well to be a higher seed in this years playoffs.  Save for the Capitals and Isles all of the lower seeds have either won or are leading in the quarterfinals.

Untitled.thumb.png.c438202c576fafe9ba885ee9dfdc3f70.png

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs

Slightly OT:  The IIHF U18 tournament is underway in Sweeden.  Team USA plays Russia in the preliminary round airing tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM PT on the NHL Network.  Team USA's offense has proved very potent in wins over Sweeden (6-1) and Slovakia (12-5).  Anytime the Americans take on the Ruskies it's well worth watching.

Team USA has always done well at the U18's having won 16 medals (10 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze) since the tournaments inception in 1999.

Untitled.thumb.png.8fc327f165d93b20c9baac914324569a.png

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm18

San Jose gets Vlasic back on D tonight which should help if he's ready.  I still think Vegas gets it done in game 6.  If not, game 7 back in San Jose favors the Sharks considerably.  They just look like a different team vs Vegas at home.

Flower...  :facepalm:

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Looking at the game summary there is no way San Jose should have won this game.  The VGK's dominated shots on goal, face off's won and hits.  Martin Jones stole this game and Tomas Hertl is officially inside the Flowers head.  Oh boy, game 7 should be fun!

Untitled.thumb.png.ac4694b55ef09fbba31559f1ac2356da.png