Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

To those rooting for St. Louise, some unfortunate news. I asked my magic 8 ball to show me @Jalapeno next month and this appeared:

A7509C3F-B96E-42CF-BDD0-4C8D1E648181.jpeg.7b46a5a18a5179302ccc54defcaf51f2.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

source.gif

George Washington is a Philly fan. He crossed the Delaware for season tickets.

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I don't dislike the Bruins but I hope the down time has cooled Tuukka Rask off at least a little.  If he keeps playing like he has I don't see the Blues beating the Bruins.  I'll be pulling for the Blues for sure.

The Blues never winning it would be great for them and they're a great story but as I've mentioned I have a HS buddy who lives & dies by the Bruins and I'll be rooting along with him. I won't be hurt if St Louis wins though. 

The team is named after the famous W. C. Handy song "Saint Louis Blues". The franchise was founded in 1967 as an expansion team during the league's 1967 NHL Expansion, which expanded the NHL from 6 teams to 12. The Blues are the oldest active NHL team never to have won the Stanley Cup, although they played in the Stanley Cup Finals three times, in 1968, 1969, and 1970. In 2019, the Blues returned to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 49 years and, as was the case in 1970, the opposing team was the Boston Bruins.

image.png 

wow what pretty pictures!

51wFwO1AK4L._SX425_.jpg

the Blues have been 2nd best NHL team since X-Mas.

right after Tampa bay. This will be a close one, it might go to 7 games!

and the 10 day game layoff is scary for the Bruins.so a  intra-squad scrimmage tonight.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

wow what pretty pictures!

51wFwO1AK4L._SX425_.jpg

the Blues have been 2nd best NHL team since X-Mas.

right after Tampa bay. This will be a close one, it might go to 7 games!

and the 10 day game layoff is scary for the Bruins.so a  intra-squad scrimmage tonight.

If this series goes 6-7 games deep that long layoff should favor the Bruins.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Tomorrow’s sun will have eight spokes. 

boston-bruins-logo.jpg?w=584

Enjoy that sun while it lasts cuz after the sun sets Boston fans will be singing the Blues...............

Blues Hockey GIF - Blues Hockey GIFs

8 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Enjoy that sun while it lasts cuz after the sun sets Boston fans will be singing the Blues...............

History will repeat itself.

ap_7005100123.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Tonight, the best final among professional sports for the best professional sport begins...........................

Game 1 is extremely important.................

Since the Cup Final went to a best-of-7 format in 1939, the team that has won Game 1 has won the Stanley Cup 77.2 percent of the time (61 of 79).

cut.jpg

The Bruins are in the Cup Final for the third time this decade; they won the Stanley Cup in 2011 and lost in the championship round in six games against the Chicago Blackhawks in 2013.

It has been 49 years since the Blues have gotten this far and they're still seeking their first Cup Final win. They reached the Stanley Cup Final three consecutive years from 1968-70, but were swept each time, including by the Bruins in 1970.