Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

2 hours ago, crixus said:

Earlier in this thread I predicted the winner of game three (which was Vegas) would go on to win the series. I've been a Sharks fan since their inception, but I had a gut feeling. So I'm left to hope for a miracle comeback at this point. :unsure:

San Jose Sharks

You should hope for a goalie that can make stops.  Miracles have to have NO natural or scientific explanation.  

knights.png

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

image.thumb.png.4deca2b02fb4881cb94f802c9cf4d877.png

I'm very impressed by the New York Islanders, from a 30/1 to a 6/1 that fast. I remember when they won 4 straight Stanley Cups back in the early 1980's. :oldman:

9 hours ago, crixus said:

Earlier in this thread I predicted the winner of game three (which was Vegas) would go on to win the series. I've been a Sharks fan since their inception, but I had a gut feeling. So I'm left to hope for a miracle comeback at this point. :unsure:

San Jose Sharks

talking to my co-worker today about the Sharks "Why do our goalies always choke in the playoffs?"

13 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

talking to my co-worker today about the Sharks "Why do our goalies always choke in the playoffs?"

The problem is that they’re not elite in the first place...

Dangerous crosscheck to the back of a defenseless player.  Looks like the Caps TJ Oshie might have a shoulder injury from this off balance crash into the boards.  Dangerous hit that deserves a suspension.

5-2, San Jose wins. Nice job tonight Sharks! They live to play another day. San Jose Sharks

7 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

A lot of Vegas fans in San Jose tonight. For a sec I thought that was a home crowd after that goal, lol.

You sure that wasn't a bunch of drunks from Fresno who cheer against anything SAN ? 😀😀😀

Well, the #1 (Tampa Bay) and #2 (Calgary) overall teams from the regular season were bounced out going just 1-8 between them in the first round.  The two teams, Colorado and Columbus that had to scratch and claw to even get into the playoffs are the ones that sent them packing.  The Av's and Jackets have been in playoff mode for about 1 month and just looked on point compared to their opponents who sailed into the post season.

The winner of the San Jose vs Vegas series gets to take on Colorado.  Not something to look forward to given how strong they've looked the last month.

Untitled.thumb.png.df6dbf8314ae4f89dd75b1c0a16901f8.png

2 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Well, the #1 (Tampa Bay) and #2 (Calgary) overall teams from the regular season were bounced out going just 1-8 between them in the first round.  The two teams, Colorado and Columbus that had to scratch and claw to even get into the playoffs are the ones that sent them packing.  The Av's and Jackets have been in playoff mode for about 1 month and just looked on point compared to their opponents who sailed into the post season.

The winner of the San Jose vs Vegas series gets to take on Colorado.  Not something to look forward to given how strong they've looked the last month.

Read tonight this is the first time in Stanley Cup history both #1 seeds dropped in the first round of the playoffs

6 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Avalanche averaged over 40 shots a game vs Calgary.  Nathan MacKinnon was pretty much unstoppable and the addition of Kale Makar after winning this year's Hobey Baker and leading UMASS to the NCAA Championship last Saturday is storybook stuff.

Let's go Canes! Thursday's win set a new sports attendance record at PNC... the only bigger crowd there was Metallica a few years back. I wanted to go, but the least expensive tickets I found were $300 for nosebleed seats.