Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I bet the Lightning and Pens to hold serve tonight.

They both cannot possibly be swept......??? Riiiiggghhhht ?

The lightning losing would be the biggest choke job. The city will want Cooper's head and I agree.

58 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

The lightning losing would be the biggest choke job. The city will want Cooper's head and I agree.

Coach Cooper deserves criticism but Tampa's roster is full of veteran players that couldn't get anything going at all.  The Bolts scored just 8 goals vs the Jackets 19 goals in 4 games.  Franchise player Stamkos scored 1 goal and Kucherov the NHL points leader scored zero.  Perhaps the biggest difference was in goal where Bobrovsky just destroyed Vasilevskiy in save % and GAA.

Bye bye Penguins

The Pens lead the Isles for only 4 min 51 sec total in the series.

The Islanders are the first team in NHL history to ever go from league worst in goals allowed (2017-18) to league best (2018-19) in one season.  Barry Trotz deserves to win the Jack Adams award for best coach.

VGK vs SJS.  It ain't over, but it's over.

VGK fans, count your blessings that Marc-Andre Fleury was available in the expansion draft and that he is in your net.  Vegas has lots of talent on the roster but none more important than in goal.  When Thornton is in the lineup San Jose's scoring is every bit is good if not better than Vegas.  San Jose falls far short of Vegas in net and in the playoffs nothing is more important than goaltending.

6 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

VGK vs SJS.  It ain't over, but it's over.

VGK fans, count your blessings that Marc-Andre Fleury was available in the expansion draft and that he is in your net.  Vegas has lots of talent on the roster but none more important than in goal.  When Thornton is in the lineup San Jose's scoring is every bit is good if not better than Vegas.  San Jose falls far short of Vegas in net and in the playoffs nothing is more important than goaltending.

He has been very important for Vegas. He played well during last year's playoffs and so far so good this year. However also with San Jose though, it seems for the most part, seems they have a block that comes up in the playoffs. But will also agree that Vegas is in the Sharks head now and maybe have been for a little while.

Tampa Bay's choke job is one for the ages. :rolleyes: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/tampa-bay-lightning-break-up-tweet

Earlier in this thread I predicted the winner of game three (which was Vegas) would go on to win the series. I've been a Sharks fan since their inception, but I had a gut feeling. So I'm left to hope for a miracle comeback at this point. :unsure:

San Jose Sharks