Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Well, Dungy at least won a Super Bowl as a coach.

Yeah was going to say that also but he did need Manning to make it happen. You know once he finally realized he needed an offense to go with a defense

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yeah was going to say that also but he did need Manning to make it happen. You know once he finally realized he needed an offense to go with a defense

You do have to give him some credit for putting together most of the Tampa Bay team that Gruden won a championship with though. 

13 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I'm thinking Vegas-San Jose series goes 6 or 7 games but what i have see from being in Vegas last year for part of the playoffs and then knowing some Sharks fans, at least between the fans, there seems to be a bit of a rivalry starting up between them. 

Only series played tonight that isn't 2-0 right now

I'd say that the SJS are the VGK biggest rival at this point - two playoff series and both have been upper teams in the Pacific Division - From the close regional teams of SJS, LAK, Ducks & AZYotes........SJ has emerged as the main rival 

3 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Not sure what effect he will have on the team if any... would be super risky playing him. Smaller rink than he normally plays on, no chemistry with the team and possible language barrier. I would say lets see how he practices with the team during this series and if and when the Knights take out the sharks then maybe he can join the squad. 

6 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

The TV guy last night said that couture literally had teeth severed from his mouth and others shattered along with a piece of his lip is gone.  Yet there he is back another night.  

I saw him stick his fingers into his mouth to feel where his teeth use to be.  The guy is one tough sob.

Image result for right in the mommy daddy button gif

5 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

Not sure what effect he will have on the team if any... would be super risky playing him. Smaller rink than he normally plays on, no chemistry with the team and possible language barrier. I would say lets see how he practices with the team during this series and if and when the Knights take out the sharks then maybe he can join the squad. 

I agree.  Stone didn't score until his 4th game with the Knights and he already played in the NHL.  It takes time to adjust to a new team let alone joining the NHL.

33 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I agree.  Stone didn't score until his 4th game with the Knights and he already played in the NHL.  It takes time to adjust to a new team let alone joining the NHL.

Not to mention the 10-hour time change from St Pete to Las Vegas.  It can take a few days even for a young man like Gusev to adjust.

47 minutes ago, calvegas04 said:

I could see Gusev replacing Nosek at LW on the third line centered by Eakin with Tuch on RW as soon as he's available.  I don't see the Knights messing with the top 2 line combinations in this series unless they fall behind in the series and struggle to score.

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

You do have to give him some credit for putting together most of the Tampa Bay team that Gruden won a championship with though. 

Oh I do, I just think if he concentrated a bit more on offense he may have won the big game in Tampa. Gruden brought that to them and I think that is what was the difference to get over that hump for the trophy

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd say that the SJS are the VGK biggest rival at this point - two playoff series and both have been upper teams in the Pacific Division - From the close regional teams of SJS, LAK, Ducks & AZYotes........SJ has emerged as the main rival 

Oh I agree with what I have seen and talking to people who follow them. And started last year in the playoffs.

Some nasty and stupid plays in this young playoff season.

With his team losing 5-1Tampa Bays Nikita Kucherov gets a one game suspension after tripping the Bluejackets Markus Nutivaara and then boarding him while he's on his knees.  Kucherov got a 1 game suspenion for this hit but it could have easily been more.  Kucherov is the Bolts top scorer and with Tampa down 2-0 in the series missing game 3 might all but finish off their Stanley Cup run following a record setting regular season.  Talk about stupid  :suicide:

For the second year in a row Toronto's Nazem Kadri will be suspended for a dirty hit in the playoffs.  Tonight he crosschecked Boston's Jake DeBrusk in the head after DeBrusk gave a hard check to a Leaf.  Khadri and DeBrusk had been going at each other since game 1 but this check to the head goes way over the line.  Kadri is a repeat offender and he's looking at around a 5-game suspension.