Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: NHL Playoffs

6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

D4AsmoxUUAEax78.jpg

That was one of the weakest calls I've seen all season.  Disallow the Sharks goal, yes.  Goalie interference?  Not even in NCAA they make that call.  Sorry, it was a bs call.  That said, Vegas took advantage as any other team would try to do and the Sharks were unable to stop them.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

That was one of the weakest calls I've seen all season.  Disallow the Sharks goal, yes.  Goalie interference?  Not even in NCAA they make that call.  Sorry, it was a bs call.  That said, Vegas took advantage as any other team would try to do and the Sharks were unable to stop them.

Some of my pals are Sharks fans and they are b*tching endlessly about the officiating.. (Even though they got 8 powerplays to our 3) 

I'll admit I've only been watching hockey for the last two years, but how is this not goalie interference?? His butt is still in the crease and Fleury got hit twice (once in the shoulder and then again with the elbow to the head) 

image.thumb.png.93d7398389aa5971e99e36c8db522e91.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

57 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Some of my pals are Sharks fans and they are b*tching endlessly about the officiating.. (Even though they got 8 powerplays to our 3) 

I'll admit I've only been watching hockey for the last two years, but how is this not goalie interference?? His butt is still in the crease and Fleury got hit twice (once in the shoulder and then again with the elbow to the head) 

Just show those morons this shit from last years playoffs when this game winning OT VGK goal was called back for interference...for touching a +++++ing stick.

It was a goal that would have put VGK up 2-0 in the series. Instead they called it back and San Joser won in 2OT. They still got that ass waxed in 6 games anyway, but man what a shitty call and nowhere near as obvious as the above.

WF0oCY7.png

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I'm thinking Vegas-San Jose series goes 6 or 7 games but what i have see from being in Vegas last year for part of the playoffs and then knowing some Sharks fans, at least between the fans, there seems to be a bit of a rivalry starting up between them. 

Only series played tonight that isn't 2-0 right now

9 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Watching the Blues in the last month and now into the playoffs I think this might be their best team in decades.  Might this finally be the year?  The only 67' expansion team that hasn't won a cup.

I don’t know about that, but they are definitely clicking right now.  Tarasenko has a history of disappearing in the playoffs, can’t afford him to do that.  Plus they have to stay healthy through at least 2 more against Winnipeg, and they are headhunting.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

7 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

I had no problem with the goal being disallowed.  Where I do take issue is that the officials assessed a minor penalty and therefore the play cannot be reviewed.  Goals can and are disallowed for goalie interference without assessing a minor penalty resulting in a power play (see Marchessaults disallowed goal vs SJ in last years playoffs).  Typically, goalie interference is reserved for situations where the attacking player deliberately contacts the goalie and/or the goalie is in the crease.  Neither was the case last night.  As far as Fleury's backside being in the crease that is not the standard.  To be considered in the crease the skates are what matters.

But as I said before, the Sharks could have killed off the penalty and had chances to win the game.  Yes, the penalty changed the momentum of the game but goalie interference is often a subjective call.  The best we can hope for as fans is that the refs are as consistent as possible across the league.

Just a gut feeling here, I think the winner of the Sharks vs Knights game three (tomorrow in Vegas) will go on to win that series. And I really hope it's San Jose. Go Sharks! Sharks

Logan Couture is no stranger to pain in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. A few years ago, the Sharks forward took a 90 mph shot to the face and, as a result, it looked like a bomb went off inside his mouth. Things are off to a pretty painful start for Couture this year as well. 

During Friday night's Game 2 between the Sharks and Golden Knights, Couture made the team-first play and put his body on the line to block a shot from Vegas forward Cody Eakin. The good news? It didn't hit him in the mouth. The bad news? It hit him ... here. 

"I thought I lost my testicle," Couture said, per ESPN

Luckily, upon further inspection, Couture was able to confirm that he did not. Still, when you even have to check, you're already on the losing end of things.

Couture and his baby sharks will be back in action on Sunday night for Game 3. Hopefully the worst is behind them.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Logan Couture is no stranger to pain in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. A few years ago, the Sharks forward took a 90 mph shot to the face and, as a result, it looked like a bomb went off inside his mouth. Things are off to a pretty painful start for Couture this year as well. 

During Friday night's Game 2 between the Sharks and Golden Knights, Couture made the team-first play and put his body on the line to block a shot from Vegas forward Cody Eakin. The good news? It didn't hit him in the mouth. The bad news? It hit him ... here. 

"I thought I lost my testicle," Couture said, per ESPN

Luckily, upon further inspection, Couture was able to confirm that he did not. Still, when you even have to check, you're already on the losing end of things.

Couture and his baby sharks will be back in action on Sunday night for Game 3. Hopefully the worst is behind them.

The TV guy last night said that couture literally had teeth severed from his mouth and others shattered along with a piece of his lip is gone.  Yet there he is back another night.  

I saw him stick his fingers into his mouth to feel where his teeth use to be.  The guy is one tough sob.

11 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

So... he wasn't still in the crease, as his skates were outside. Him having his ass hovering over the crease doesn't mean anything. Further, he was bumped into the goalie by McNabb. Since Fluery was out of the crease, Couture is entitled to the space. Because there was no intent to hit Fleury, and Couture was bumped, which initiated the contact, there should not have been a goaltender interference call, nor should the goal have been waived off. It was incidental contact outside of the crease. The bigger load of shit is that Fleury sold it, spun away from making a save, and they disallowed the goal because other than an own goal, the opposing team can't technically score on a delayed penalty, which this technically was. 

3 hours ago, rebelcuff said:

The lightning need to fire Cooper if they lose to Columbus. You can't win 63 games and lose in the first round.

President Trophy winners have lost in the first round of the playoffs before most recently in 2011-2012 when Canucks lost 4-1 to the team that ended up winning the Stanley Cup that year.

Some people think there is a curse around for the President Trophy winner when the playoffs come around.

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

President Trophy winners have lost in the first round of the playoffs before most recently in 2011-2012 when Canucks lost 4-1 to the team that ended up winning the Stanley Cup that year.

Some people think there is a curse around for the President Trophy winner when the playoffs come around.

As a Jackets fan, I’m hoping so 

57 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Cooper is turning into the Tony Dungy of hockey.

9 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Cooper is turning into the Tony Dungy of hockey.

But at least Cooper isn't relaying on defense to win games and not paying attention to offense.

But in any sport, playoffs are a crap shoot.