Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSU fan in Columbus

Boise State 2020 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Danimaji said:

What in the world :D

USC is super struggling with recruiting this year.  Sitting 10th in the PAC with only 13 dudes and no quarterback.  So this possibly could be a scholarship offer.  Graham Harrell had him committed to North Texas before the kids mission, and is now OC at USC.  Will be a very interesting story regardless.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

OK. So what?

https://theathletic.com/1587205/2020/02/05/boise-state-cade-fennegan-signing-day/

“He crushed it, you saw the things you can’t see on tape, with his command, his presence,” Kiesau said. “Then I think he was like 30 of 32 throwing. I called back to the office and was like, ‘This is a guy.’ ”

The staff then convinced Fennegan to come to Boise State’s team camp that summer. There, the 6-foot-2, 175-pounder showed something that really got Harsin’s attention.

“Got to see him throw, but got to see him run,” Harsin said. “I think he ran like a 4.55, maybe a 4.5 (in the 40-yard dash), and we didn’t believe it, so we did it again … and he was able to produce it again.”

8 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Where did that borah kid end up?

Boise.  Assuming you mean Austin Bolt.  Kid is going to be special.  He is a legit 6'4, I have met him.  4.4 speed.  We recruited him as a TE but I think we move him to WR.  Personally I would have liked him at LB.

11 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Jake Roh  v 2.0

That would be great.  However let's not confuse their measurables here.  Roh was not fast.  We had several linemen clock faster 40's including two O-linemen.  Roh was a mid 4.9.  Bolt is a completely different style athlete.  Other than being white and tall with soft hands they have nothing in common.  Roh was a football player with a huge IQ and the best route runner we had.  Bolt is an elite athlete that is not as polished coming out of high school and who knows if he ever will be.  They are so dissimilar that if Bolt was black nobody would be making this faulty comparison.

Glad you are spending less time on BC.  You will learn a lot more here. 

On 2/8/2020 at 8:22 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That would be great.  However let's not confuse their measurables here.  Roh was not fast.  We had several linemen clock faster 40's including two O-linemen.  Roh was a mid 4.9.  Bolt is a completely different style athlete.  Other than being white and tall with soft hands they have nothing in common.  Roh was a football player with a huge IQ and the best route runner we had.  Bolt is an elite athlete that is not as polished coming out of high school and who knows if he ever will be.  They are so dissimilar that if Bolt was black nobody would be making this faulty comparison.

Glad you are spending less time on BC.  You will learn a lot more here. 

Not sure why you had to make it about race. Skin color is as irrelevant as hair color or eye color to me. My point was that they will be using Bolt the same way they used Roh.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise.  Assuming you mean Austin Bolt.  Kid is going to be special.  He is a legit 6'4, I have met him.  4.4 speed.  We recruited him as a TE but I think we move him to WR.  Personally I would have liked him at LB.

I was trying to see how he compared to Matt Miller...but couldn't find an open sprint time for MM.

Matt Miller: 14.54 in the 110H (Montana State Champ 2010, would have been 7th fastest time in Idaho last year). 40.34 in the 300H (time would have been 17th fastest in Idaho last year).

Austin Bolt: 48.38 in the 400m (fastest in Idaho 2019).  22.02 in the 200m (6th fastest).  10.9 in the 100m (7th fastest).

---

I think Bolt has better track speed at this point in his career, and they are both listed about 6'-4, 200.  Both played QB/Do-it-all at the high school level.

---

I also hope Bolt runs track again this year and improves upon those times.  That 400 is super fast already (only 3 dudes have ran faster in the history of the MW Outdoor T&F Championships).  Mountain West record is 47.23. I believe the Idaho HS record is 47.97.

54 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

In 2018 he was at the Advanced Prep Academy after graduating from Monsignor Pace High School (Fla.),

In 2019 he was at Elite Sports Prep

Weird.  I thought you could only do one year of Prep School. Sounds like he had some hardships in there somewhere (maybe an injury in 2018?  I can't find anything about him that year.  He does have a Maxpreps page from MPHS that shows he had 32 tackles as a senior in 2017.  Then 2019 he's got some highlight videos on HUDL from Elite Sports Prep.  Seems like from his twitter he's been a fan of Boise State (and Curtis Weaver) going back quite a while.  Could be a real diamond in the rough.  

Boise doesn't exactly have a Florida recruiting pipeline.  Only players to be on the roster are Riley Smith (St. Augustine), Ozziah Williams (Tampa), and Brock Miller (Vero Beach).

On 3/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, RogueStout said:

The one, the only, NICK PATTI

:ph34r:

As @tailingpermit loves to remind us, Nick Patti was one of the fastest quarterbacks Boise State ever had on the roster.

EverlastingWillingDobermanpinscher-size_

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg