Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSU fan in Columbus

Boise State 2020 Recruiting

Random facts:

He's an eagle scout.

His father played QB/CB at Clemson and BYU.

https://byucougars.com/athlete/football/13394/Garth-Fennegan

His high school is the only public school in the country to produce 2 Heisman trophy winners, Davey O'Brien (1938) and Tim Brown (1987).

His brother Samuel was one of the best sophomore QB's this season in Texas.

3 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

His throwing motion and mechanics are utterly atrocious and his arm strength is softer than puppy poo. I can’t see this guy ever being a D1 qb.

I agree on the mechanics - but felt the same way about Richardson.  The video you linked doesn't show the read option stuff. That's where he really shines.  skip to 1:40 in his hudl video.   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5179273/5a159d218cd3fb02cc23ebab

He does remind me quite a bit of Jaylon Henderson.  Perhaps he can improve on the other stuff.  Still seems like a weird scholarship QB offer, though. I would rather they went after Lan Larison from Caldwell before he signed to UC-Davis.

35 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I agree on the mechanics - but felt the same way about Richardson.  The video you linked doesn't show the read option stuff. That's where he really shines.  skip to 1:40 in his hudl video.   https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5179273/5a159d218cd3fb02cc23ebab

He does remind me quite a bit of Jaylon Henderson.  Perhaps he can improve on the other stuff.  Still seems like a weird scholarship QB offer, though. I would rather they went after Lan Larison from Caldwell before he signed to UC-Davis.

Henderson has perfect mechanics and throwing motion though. This guys arm is in a worse position than Philip Rivers.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I just watched the clip you posted and I’m now more convinced than ever that he is not a division 1 qb.  His mechanics make my eyes bleed and so many of his passes were woefully under thrown.  I just don’t get it.

Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems as if the targets and commits are of a lower profile than in years past with Harsin. Makes me wonder if our recruiting appeal has cooled off or if the staff is going back to the blue collar OTG approach. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 hours ago, Danimaji said:

No need to trash on the kid. He seems to be a walk-on, not a scholarship commitment.

Who’s doing that? I’m giving my honest opinion on a message board. I’m sure he’s a great young man. From everything that I’ve seen he’s not a division one quarterback.Where did you see that he’s a walkon? If that’s the case, who cares. But I have not seen that indicated anywhere..

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems as if the targets and commits are of a lower profile than in years past with Harsin. Makes me wonder if our recruiting appeal has cooled off or if the staff is going back to the blue collar OTG approach. 

I think only when compared to last year's class. That was a banner year. This still has a chance to be one of the highest rated classes depending on who signs in February. Even if they don't end strong it's a very typical class under the Hars era. 

59 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Chance Luper has de-committed and opened his recruitment. Probably joining his dad who is the new OC at Missouri?

I'm not so sure.  While still probably the favorite, Mizzou has already signed 3 WR's (all rated higher) in this year's class. I would think if he were going to go there he would have already signed.  

Houston, Vanderbilt, ASU (Hill) all following him on twitter.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Who’s doing that? I’m giving my honest opinion on a message board. I’m sure he’s a great young man. From everything that I’ve seen he’s not a division one quarterback.Where did you see that he’s a walkon? If that’s the case, who cares. But I have not seen that indicated anywhere..

My question is this: Where are people getting the idea that he's a scholarship commitment? Nobody on the coaching staff tweeted out that there was a new commitment. That's the usual reaction when there's a PWO

On 1/16/2020 at 9:25 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Where did you see that he’s a walkon? If that’s the case, who cares. But I have not seen that indicated anywhere..

None of the coaches retweeted his tweet.  There was no #GoBroncos from coach Harsin.  Weird deal.  In the kid's actual tweet, he said he received a scholarship offer.  But there has been no reciprocation from the Broncos side.