Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSU fan in Columbus

Boise State 2020 Recruiting

There is a very real disparity as far as scholarship players on Defense vs. scholarship players on Offense.  By my count there are currently 46 scholarship players on Defense for Boise State compared to only 36 scholarship players on offense for Boise State for 2020.  And their are actual Boise State fans who "think" BSU needs more linebackers - when there are currently 8 scholarship linebackers for 2020 for only TWO linebacker spots.

33 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's a good late pick up. Offers from Wazzu and Oregon State, and... wait for it... Princeton and Yale

The last two don't offer scholies. Most kids pass on the Ivy league for that reason.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

There is a very real disparity as far as scholarship players on Defense vs. scholarship players on Offense.  By my count there are currently 46 scholarship players on Defense for Boise State compared to only 36 scholarship players on offense for Boise State for 2020.  And their are actual Boise State fans who "think" BSU needs more linebackers - when there are currently 8 scholarship linebackers for 2020 for only TWO linebacker spots.

You have to consider the performance of the positions

Interesting possibilities for Boise State as far as QB's who are known to be in the NCAA Transfer Portal at this time who have not yet announced where they will be headed:

Collin Hill - COLORADO STATE

Tyler Vander Waal - Wyoming

K. J. Costello - Stanford

Walker Wood - Kentucky

Joey Yellen - Arizona State

Jett Duffey - Texas Tech

Jack Richardson - Stanford

Anthony Brown - Boston College

Daulton Hyatt - Arkansas

Feleipe Franks - Florida

Jack Allison - West Virginia

Justin Rogers - T.C.U.

Dillon Sterling-Cole - Arizona State

John Holcombe - Kansas State

12 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Interesting possibilities for Boise State as far as QB's who are known to be in the NCAA Transfer Portal at this time who have not yet announced where they will be headed:

I think we're going to need to nab a QB Coach before we can start recruiting these dudes for real.

I hope we bring in Costello or Franks (total long shots)  - just so we have a higher-rated QB than SDSU (with Sears) next year.

3 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Why would a grad transfer QB come to Boise for his last year when Cord and Bachmeyer are coming back?  They are going to want to go where there is no returning starter(s) IMO.

Montel Cozart was a grad transfer when Ryp was an established starter. He wanted to play for a winner and ended up being an integral part of a championship team. They can also sell that they just won a championship with a 3rd string transfer QB. Not everyone would want this situation, but there are guys that would fit. 

5 hours ago, Fowl said:

Why would a grad transfer QB come to Boise for his last year when Cord and Bachmeyer are coming back?  They are going to want to go where there is no returning starter(s) IMO.

We have done pretty well with transfer QB's.  I mean, were not Oklahoma but the last two, Cozart and Hendo have been stars in their role. 

Any grad transfer QB who chooses to transfer to Boise State for his Senior season isn't doing so "thinking" he will be the starter.   If that's his mindset then he's simply NOT a Boise State kind of player.  In fact I'd say that doesn't JUST apply to Boise State.   The vast majority of grad transfer QB's are looking for a spot where they can contribute and VERY few of them actually have a shot at being the starter at another school right out of the box.  

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Uhhh, this is not a good sign. I can only think of one scenario where a signed recruit would be tweeting about receiving a JUCO offer. Can anyone else think of a different reason for me? 

Blessed to receive a offer from Kilgore college https://t.co/Nn3aRAMZRJ

no, you should be nervous as hell lol.  he's signed and submitted an LOI.  considering it was noted grades scared off his p5 offers earlier in thread....yeesh.

3 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

no, you should be nervous as hell lol.  he's signed and submitted an LOI.  considering it was noted grades scared off his p5 offers earlier in thread....yeesh.

Yeah, he had a lot of big time offers and Boise picked him up late (likely because they backed off). It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to connect these dots.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, he had a lot of big time offers and Boise picked him up late (likely because they backed off). It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to connect these dots.

Some kids can put nose to grindstone if they're within striking distance and get it done.   Maybe he makes it in...who knows.

28 minutes ago, CV147 said:

:shrug:

He could be close and this would be his backup plan?  NCAA eligibility is determined on a sliding scale with GPA/Test Scores. Hopefully all these kids focus the next few months to make sure they are not only eligible for a scholarship but immediately eligibility to play and not have to take an academic redshirt.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Student_Resources/DI_ReqsFactSheet.pdf

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

Yeah, that's strange. I'm hoping it's just smoke without fire... but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he is here in the fall. He's one of the best recruits in the MW this season and at an area of need for Boise. Hopefully it works itself out