Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSU fan in Columbus

Boise State 2020 Recruiting

Jaden de Laura, the stud quarterback out of Hawaii just committed to Washington state today. That was Richardsons best offer along with ours, so I doubt he goes there now which increases our chances a lot. A new reel just got put up on his hudl and Max preps page and it is really impressive. I wonder when he’s going to make it an official trip to Boise.

WR LaTrell Caples (6'-0, 185) from Lancaster, TX. 3 star (0.8614) receiver with offers from Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Boston College, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Iowa State, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Syracuse, Utah, and Washington State, as well as numerous G5 schools. I believe he's the highest rated recruit currently committed to a MW school for the 2020 class.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9477106/5bfc936e5eec6902d8856e24

Another commit over the weekend - sounds like an OL.

And according to 247, there are only 3 OL guys who are uncommitted and hold Boise offers.  I would guess there's a strong chance it's the Juco guy who visited Boise last week. Would really help to have someone with the ability to step in and provide immediate depth.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just gotta cross the fingers that he is eligible next August.  After this fall I'm nervous about JUCO guys.

I'm trying to think of the last JC OL that has made much of an impact. I can't think of one. 

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I'm trying to think of the last JC OL that has made much of an impact. I can't think of one. 

Best OL who ever lived* played JUCO

*per bluerules009 opinion

-but in regards to Boise, not much impact.  Even 4* Isiah Moore never made an impact.  I wonder if he had an injury or something that forced a retirement.  Jehren Ertel is the only other JUCO scholarship signee I could find during the Harsin era - and he didn't make a huge impact either.  But maybe we'll get lucky and this guy will be more like Hightower/Cedric Wilson mold of overperforming expectations from a JUCO guy.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Things are picking up this week...

Chance Luper (6'-2", 180 lb WR) is probably the most likely (visited Boise back in September). Could also be Drue Jackson from Tyler J.C. 

Luper would be a good get. Offers from BC, Cal, Indiana, Kansas, Wake Forrest, and L'Ville, as well as a bunch of G5s. 

45 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Interesting update. #8 ranked TE nationally and USC commit received an offer.  Wouldn't think much of this - but the dude does play at Murrietta Valley - same HS as Hank.

Maybe a fall-back option if Helton doesn't make it through the season?

Hopefully they have a great relationship. That'd be a huge get.