Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Final Four

Go Cavs!!!

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I know they’re from the area here, and it’s expected that we cheer for the team in our area, but I’m pulling for Virginia. TT fans will be unbearable if they win it all.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Texas Tech is the more athletic team which is why I think they win. Plus, they are a very physical team. Virginia is going to have a very difficult time getting good shots. 

I hate to see the college basketball final turn into a wrestling match between two physical teams. The game is losing its finesse and free flowing rhythm and athleticism that are fun to watch. I think the reason is the refs are very reluctant to call fouls and have good players sitting on the bench or fouling out. 

11 hours ago, masterfrog said:

I'm really surprised to see so many fans of Western basketball not rooting for the team from the West.  As bad as the basketball was in the West this year, they represent us all.

Dont think too many people in the Pacific and Mtn time zones think of Tech as Western basketball.  Nor should they.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Ernie Baer said:

If not the lowest rated championship game in modern history should be one of them.

I watched about 3 minutes of the Texas Tech - Michigan State. Game. I think the ball him the rim once.

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Texas Tech is the more athletic team which is why I think they win. Plus, they are a very physical team. Virginia is going to have a very difficult time getting good shots. 

I hate to see the college basketball final turn into a wrestling match between two physical teams. The game is losing its finesse and free flowing rhythm and athleticism that are fun to watch. I think the reason is the refs are very reluctant to call fouls and have good players sitting on the bench or fouling out. 

That’s the rub for this next game. If TT gets refs that allow for. Physical game like they had against MSU, then they’re good. If not, the whistle could work against them.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

That’s the rub for this next game. If TT gets refs that allow for. Physical game like they had against MSU, then they’re good. If not, the whistle could work against them.

They both stress suffocating defense, but TTU has the better athletes. 

26 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

They both stress suffocating defense, but TTU has the better athletes. 

Agreed, but I think that TT plays more aggressively and more physically than Virginia, and the wrong ref team may not like that.