Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuberville to US Senate

This must be the most absurd political event since Bill Clinton or THE Donald was elected. I had hoped he would become the coach of SJSU.

Former Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Tommy Tuberville will run for the United States Senate in Alabama as a Republican, he confirmed Saturday afternoon via Twitter

Former Donald Trump press secretary Sean Spicer is working on Tuberville's campaign, according to a report Saturday morning from CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd.

Tuberville will begin his political career pursuing the senate seat currently held by Democrat Doug Jones. The Republican primary for the seat is March 3, 2020. If Tuberville makes it through, the general election is Nov. 3, 2020.
Jones won the seat vacated by Jeff Sessions in 2017 when Sessions became U.S. Attorney General. In a bitter, contentious special election campaign, Jones finally beat Roy Moore by half a percentage point.
In April of 2017, Tuberville reportedly ruled out a run for governor in Alabama in 2018 after exploring the possibility.
Tuberville's record in four seasons at UC was 29-22 before he resigned in December of 2016.
Tuberville has worked as an ESPN analyst, and doing ABC/ESPN color commentary/analysis for a Texas Tech-Houston game was awkward after Tuberville compared Lubbock to Siberia and Iraq, per reports. Tuberville was 20-17 at Texas Tech from 2010-12.

I live near Cincinnati and believe me this guy is a damn fool. The local media is going crazy with jokes about "Senator Tuberville".

12 hours ago, 1066 said:

This must be the most absurd political event since Bill Clinton or THE Donald was elected. I had hoped he would become the coach of SJSU.

Former Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Tommy Tuberville will run for the United States Senate in Alabama as a Republican, he confirmed Saturday afternoon via Twitter

Former Donald Trump press secretary Sean Spicer is working on Tuberville's campaign, according to a report Saturday morning from CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd.

Tuberville will begin his political career pursuing the senate seat currently held by Democrat Doug Jones. The Republican primary for the seat is March 3, 2020. If Tuberville makes it through, the general election is Nov. 3, 2020.
Jones won the seat vacated by Jeff Sessions in 2017 when Sessions became U.S. Attorney General. In a bitter, contentious special election campaign, Jones finally beat Roy Moore by half a percentage point.
In April of 2017, Tuberville reportedly ruled out a run for governor in Alabama in 2018 after exploring the possibility.
Tuberville's record in four seasons at UC was 29-22 before he resigned in December of 2016.
Tuberville has worked as an ESPN analyst, and doing ABC/ESPN color commentary/analysis for a Texas Tech-Houston game was awkward after Tuberville compared Lubbock to Siberia and Iraq, per reports. Tuberville was 20-17 at Texas Tech from 2010-12.

I live near Cincinnati and believe me this guy is a damn fool. The local media is going crazy with jokes about "Senator Tuberville".

He should’ve changed his name, first.

Hey, how about a 2020 Hickenlooper - Tuberville ticket for president. 

Tuberville sounds like a remote small town that has a bunch of fat people living there. 

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, Spot50B said:

I'm sure all of the Alabama fans in the state will vote for him.

He can't do any worse than Craig James.

Well, I suppose he could allegedly kill six hookers and then get his ass kicked in a senate primary.

3 minutes ago, 307dude said:

Well, I suppose he could allegedly kill six hookers and then get his ass kicked in a senate primary.

Be fair.

It was only 5 hookers.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Craig James was once so low in the polls the margin of error resulted in him having a negative number.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.