Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

WikiLeaks: Assange will be expelled from Ecuadorian Embassy within 'hours to days'

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We should kidnap Assange and put him in charge of our CIA. I’m sure he knows who all the leakers are from the Obama administration. 

What is it like to be obsessed with a President that left office more than two years ago?

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

What is it like to be obsessed with a President that left office more than two years ago?

That is the other TDS, nearly all of us are afflicted one way or another. Putin and Trump are laughing their asses off.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

You could ask any Obama supporter the same in regards to Bush.  They were obsessed with him until Trump became the face of all that is evil.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 hours ago, baileyake said:

Wikileaks has never had to redact a story - that is impressive!

Retract*

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

In the event anyone equates Assange with Daniel Ellsberg, let's be clear.  Ellsberg was arrested and charged with violating the Espionage Act. Ellsberg skated on that charge basically because the government violated his rights as a criminal defendant. As I see it, Assange at best is Ellsberg before his arrest. At best.

I don't think there should be any government secrets that are kept longer than 2 weeks.  There is no need unless you are breaking the law.  National security is a bullshit excuse.   There is no real threats to our national security that keeping anything secret is protecting us from, it is just protecting crooks like you support in office.

7 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You could ask any Obama supporter the same in regards to Bush.  They were obsessed with him until Trump became the face of all that is evil.

You're absolutely right, that shit was just as annoying.

The Ecuadorian government on Friday rejected claims by WikiLeaks that founder Julian Assange would be ousted from his sanctuary at the country's embassy in London within "hours to days."

Ecuador's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement released Friday that the allegation was "an attempt to stain the dignity of the country," according to an NBC News translation. 

Ecuador "has made significant expenditures to pay for his stay" and has "endured its rudeness," the ministry continued. 

https://thehill.com/policy/international/437682-ecuador-denies-wikileaks-claim-it-plans-to-release-julian-assange

23 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, I'm for a transparent unveiling of the report to Congress, not to the general public. You assume much.

I just happen to support Assange because Wikileaks has the stones to report on shady government and political shenanigans that most of the mainstream media sources are afraid to touch until after the fact. Furthermore, Wikileaks has released information on both Republicans and Democrats ... funny how this was never a big deal until lately. 

Mea culpa for the assumption. So doing can make an ass out of us it is said.

I should add that part of my aversion to Assange is what an arrogant phuck the guy is. Although politically quite different, like Trump he's a legend in his own mind.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am not sure what to make of Assange.  It is one of those cases where you have to decide if the ends justify the means.

To use another apropos cliche, that's best done with 20/20 hindsight. As I alluded to previously, although history generally views Ellsberg as being a hero, when he released the Pentagon Papers; he couldn't possibly have read all that stuff thoroughly and if the media is as ratings hungry as some claim, they would have published the info unredacted regardless of possible consequences.

And BTW, I'm not at all a huge supporter of government secrecy and fully support FOIA type legislation. However, this is a balancing of the equities issue and as I also said, once the bell is rung, you can't un-ring it and, therefore, some initial caution is necessary.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I should add that part of my aversion to Assange is what an arrogant phuck the guy is. Although politically quite different, like Trump he's a legend in his own mind.

You share a lot of traits with Assange like being arrogant and being a "legend in your own mind".     Just not honesty and a reputation but accuracy.

14 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You share a lot of traits with Assange like being arrogant and being a "legend in your own mind".     Just not honesty and a reputation but accuracy.

The irony in this post is palpable. 

Did he do anything to piss off Putin?

If not, maybe Snowden will be getting a roommate.  Trump could covertly help make it happen and the dems could launch another dead end investigation.

Everybody wins.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

No worries hombre.

Assange might be arrogant and weird but he has guts for taking on and exposing some of the world’s most powerful people.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg