Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

9 minutes ago, BSU fan in Columbus said:

2008's memphis team was loaded in talent

the year after Cal left was going to be our NCAA title...team would have been

John Wall

Elliot Williams

Eric Bledsoe

Darnell Dodson

DeMarcus Cousins

-------------

Willie Kemp

Doneal Mack

Pierre Niles

Wesley Witherspoon

Will Coleman

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Figure out what kind of degrees battery plants need and in 15 years when those guys who graduate rise up higher you can get Tesla money

I’ve been pushing to rename Mackay stadium to Tesla GigaStadium. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, BSU fan in Columbus said:

2008's memphis team was loaded in talent

Nevada lost in the second round to a loaded Memphis team in 2007. They were good.  Nevada seemed to get matchups with teams that did very well.....Memphis went to the Elite 8, in 2004 Nevada lost to runner up Georgia Tech, in 2005, the Pack lost to runner up Illinois....horrible matchups for the Pack, but all three games were close (Memphis and Illinois pulled away in the last minute with foul shots). 

Good press conference.  His ego was poking through a few times but he I thought he hit all the right notes, especially when it came to the current players.  Also very complimentary to UNM, the Pit and Lobo fans.  I didn't believe it when the rumor was first floated, but I bet he (or his agent) did contact UNM about going back there again and he would have gone back in a heartbeat if they could have worked a deal.  He's still on the UCLA payment plan and UNM could have gotten him for fairly cheap for the first couple of years.  Missed opportunity for sure.  

4 minutes ago, machaqr said:

Link to replay?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, BSU fan in Columbus said:

cdr derrick rose robert dozier antonio anderson joey dorsey was the starting 5 my god

That was the beginning of the end for Howland. He still believes lack of an offense cost him that game, but his inability to sub out Collison and switch Westbrook to Rose, is why we lost. He altered his whole style after

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Kudos to the win-win for both sides. If he does exceedingly well, I would expect him to bounce back to a P5 school in Y4-Y5 with that buyout structure though.

My question to you is, conversely, if he shits the bed and hits a Dave Ricesque ceiling in three years while simultaneously pissing off the local media and pushing away recruits, how does Pack nation feel about a hypothetical where you would have to pay the dick $2 million (+ whatever remaining guaranteed salary there may be remaining on his contract) just to go away? Or - in the absence of a buyout - do you consider yourself stuck with him for a full decade come hell or high water?

Because there is a non-zero probability his Bobby Knight School of Surly Dick days of coaching will only become increasingly less relatable to the younger and forthcoming generation(s) of recruits. And if he does in fact under perform, the odds of someone paying that buyout will decrease commensurately.

Hypothetical question deserves hypothetical answer. 

Are you still going to be a di*k?