Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

3 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Few is not happy in the wcc. He won’t be there very long. 

they should have joined the MWC IMHO...

Gonzaga, UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico, Nevada, Boise St, Fresno St, USU, etc

that would offer far better competition than the WCC

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

they should have joined the MWC IMHO...

Gonzaga, UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico, Nevada, Boise St, Fresno St, USU, etc

that would offer far better competition than the WCC

He tried to. The admin shit him down. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

How long does Alford wait until he goes after replacements? These guys can’t wait around too much longer.

He was hired April 12. It’s been exactly one week since he was hired. Lots to decide in such a short window. 

20 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

If he does awesome, there’s no doubt he’d be getting new contracts with raises. The $2 mil that was offered to Muss will probably be there for him if the donors are happy with the success. At that point IIRC we’d be right there with a big group of PAC-12 schools regarding salary. And we’d be higher than Few at Gonzaga.

Gonzaga could be in deep trouble when Few retires. They only pay Few $1.9 mil, and that’s not going to get themselves a Few quality coach. With no FB, I don’t know why they can’t pay a coach $3 mil like Wichita. I know they have rich donors, but Gonzaga should be able to get a ton of smaller but still good donations. 

So the money thing might not be a big deal unless he’s in the running for the Arizona and UCLA kind of schools.

They have the replacement for Few on their coaching staff.

Few could have had any major program had he wanted, if he were unhappy. UW would have gladly taken him 2 years ago and likely reached out. He just likes it there

3 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

They have the replacement for Few on their coaching staff.

Few could have had any major program had he wanted, if he were unhappy. UW would have gladly taken him 2 years ago and likely reached out. He just likes it there

Coaches in waiting are a crap shoot. Look what happened to Noodles when Alford left New Mexico. The jury is still out on Dutcher at SDSU. David Carter taking over for Fox didn’t go well. I’m very well aware of Few’s situation.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Coaches in waiting are a crap shoot. Look what happened to Noodles when Alford left New Mexico. The jury is still out on Dutcher at SDSU. David Carter taking over for Fox didn’t go well. I’m very well aware of Few’s situation.

Crapshoot or not, it's the situation at Gonzaga