Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I had the same opinion about Alford when he was winning at UNM and when he was losing at UCLA. Alford is a d***, no way around it.  Just sayin.

But hey, maybe he got humbled a bit lately.

You actually think we should have hired Alfraud? The idea was to get more people in the Mack, not drive them away, lol.

Drive who away? The remaining 3k Vegas fans who give a chit? Just admit you don’t like Alford because like Muss he won MWC titles. while Vegas was talking about 1992, its great recruits and “amazing” facilities. You literally have had an opinion about every step in this process for a reason. Alford wouldn’t mean jack chit if he didn’t.

And you think Whataburger is your man than awesome. I think the guy was gifted a really good player in a shitty league. And in true Vegas fashion your AD f’ed up the hire and overpaid him. I’m surprised there’s not more whining about the BOR just because. But who cares what I think? I don’t see the need to follow you vegas turds around thinking I’m going to change your mind offering the same dogchit opinion over, and over, and over. 

We’ll see how this turns out soon enough. Opinions and arseholes...

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

Drive who away? The remaining 3k Vegas fans who give a chit? Just admit you don’t like Alford because like Muss he won MWC titles. while Vegas was talking about 1992, its great recruits and “amazing” facilities. You literally have had an opinion about every step in this process for a reason. Alford wouldn’t mean jack chit if he didn’t.

And you think Whataburger is your man than awesome. I think the guy was gifted a really good player in a shitty league. And in true Vegas fashion your AD f’ed up the hire and overpaid him. I’m surprised there’s not more whining about the BOR just because. But who cares what I think? I don’t see the need to follow you vegas turds around thinking I’m going to change your mind offering the same dogchit opinion over, and over, and over. 

If I didn't like Alford just because he won MW titles I would have absolutely no problem owning that. I've done it before. And btw, I have said several times Alford will be a great coach for you. And yeah, I'll pop in here anytime, lol, but I don't follow you around, there are a lot of Nevada threads on here right now, you think I should ignore them?

And I have no idea if Whataburger is our man. He could be fantastic, he could be a bust. But at least I won't have to see Alford roaming our sidelines. A couple times a year is fine, as I've said, looking forward to it. And if he beats the rebs, so be it, at least he'll get back on that bus and go away.

Oh, and one more thing. Muss might have been annoying, but I had no problem with him except when he took his shirt off and acted like an ass, and his and his wife's cute little exit they made from your school. That pissed me off for you guys, to be sure. but other than that, I could respect what he did for your program.

Alford will win in Reno. But he will still be an ass. And so be it.

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

If I didn't like Alford just because he won MW titles I would have absolutely no problem owning that. I've done it before. And btw, I have said several times Alford will be a great coach for you. And yeah, I'll pop in here anytime, lol, but I don't follow you around, there are a lot of Nevada threads on here right now, you think I should ignore them?

And I have no idea if Whataburger is our man. He could be fantastic, he could be a bust. But at least I won't have to see Alford roaming our sidelines. A couple times a year is fine, as I've said, looking forward to it. And if he beats the rebs, so be it, at least he'll get back on that bus and go away.

Oh, and one more thing. Muss might have been annoying, but I had no problem with him except when he took his shirt off and acted like an ass, and his and his wife's cute little exit they made from your school. That pissed me off for you guys, to be sure. but other than that, I could respect what he did for your program.

Alford will win in Reno. But he will still be an ass. And so be it.

I think I’m going to enjoy having a coach that everybody despises.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I think I’m going to enjoy having a coach that everybody despises.  

You will absolutely love it! We miss BYU for that reason (not their coach, a lot of their fans were just the ones we loved to hate, lol)

Since there seems to be so many Muss haters that have time to spend on photoshop, I have and idea or two. I know Muss has an old mugshot out there from his DUI in Sac. Use Photoshop to make it look like he’s wearing an Arkansas shirt. Or the photo that Mrs. Muss modified to look like they were at an Arkansas game, modify the photo so it looks like they’re all excited about going to San Jose St.

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Since there seems to be so many Muss haters that have time to spend on photoshop, I have and idea or two. I know Muss has an old mugshot out there from his DUI in Sac. Use Photoshop to make it look like he’s wearing an Arkansas shirt. Or the photo that Mrs. Muss modified to look like they were at an Arkansas game, modify the photo so it looks like they’re all excited about going to San Jose St.

How about no 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada always had the "we are better than the rest of this conference" feel in WAC basketball, the same way Boise did in football in the old WAC; at their most obnoxious, their coach, fans, and at least one of their starters all thought like that. To be fair, NMSU's regular season WAC record against Nevada was awful. IIRC, it was we'd split with Utah State, Nevada would beat up on us, then Nevada and USU would split the season but your teams would plow over the rest of the WAC and we wouldn't, but somehow we'd get hot every WAC tourney and knock out at least one of you (probably because the conference tourney was in Las Cruces for a time) and then lose to the other one. There was that one year we beat both of you and then lost to a Final 4 Michigan State team off a phantom lane violation.

13 minutes ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

Nevada always had the "we are better than the rest of this conference" feel in WAC basketball, the same way Boise did in football in the old WAC; at their most obnoxious, their coach, fans, and at least one of their starters all thought like that. To be fair, NMSU's regular season WAC record against Nevada was awful. IIRC, it was we'd beat up on Utah State, Nevada would beat up on us, then Nevada and USU would split the season but your teams would plow over the rest of the WAC and we wouldn't, but somehow we'd get hot every WAC tourney and knock out at least one of you (probably because the conference tourney was in Las Cruces for a time) and then lose to the other one. There was that one year we beat both of you and then lost to a Final 4 Michigan State team off a phantom lane violation.

Nobody give AF about NMSU. Carry on.

2 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

UCLA is a pressure cooker of a job...after 5 1/2 years in Westwood I'm sure Alford is better prepared to build and lead a program.

There literally is no high level program with less pressure. The media cares less than the fans. Alford would have been fired after year 3 at any elite program. We allowed him to keep coaching and it cost us 2 extra years.

25 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

There literally is no high level program with less pressure. The media cares less than the fans. Alford would have been fired after year 3 at any elite program. We allowed him to keep coaching and it cost us 2 extra years.

what Alford did at UCLA would have earned him raises at places like Tennessee or Arkansas and many would call those high level programs.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

31 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

When UCLA fired Alford mid season, it gave them the jump on getting a great coach to take over the reigns. Despite that advantage, schools with no basketball tradition, like Alabama and Nebraska, make great hires and UCLA hires Mick Cronin. They will be paying him 4 million a year.

Your program has been transformed from the biggest, baddest. sleeping giant in the land, to an absolute laughingstock, while performing one of the most comically tragic coaching searches in the history of college basketball.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

When UCLA fired Alford mid season, it gave them the jump on getting a great coach to take over the reigns. Despite that advantage, schools with no basketball tradition, like Alabama and Nebraska, make great hires and UCLA hires Mick Cronin. They will be paying him 4 million a year.

Your program has been transformed from the biggest, baddest. sleeping giant in the land, to an absolute laughingstock, while performing one of the most comically tragic coaching searches in the history of college basketball.

UCLA meet UNLV.

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

Yeah… UCLA has totally looked like a giant turd this season and off-season.

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

oh, and btw, don't make me go back and count how many posts you've made on UNLV threads in the last couple of weeks, lol. pretty sure you were camped out in the TJ hire thread for a while.

But in case you didn't see it the other half dozen times i said it, congrats on the hire, alford is a good coach, and will do a great job in Reno.