Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think you were too drunk to see that that was a slam on the BOR.

So did the whole BOR crap end with the Beard fiasco? 

8k3esKz.png

2 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Mostly. Assistants being paid over $200K still have to get approval, which (I think) is why it took a while to announce the two top UNLV assistants. Kruger came in under it, i think. but the head coaches no longer have to go through what Beard did, it's up to the schools to come up with the $, and let the board know.

7 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Yeah 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I have to say that I’m extremely proud of the AD and some new donors in the community stepping up. No more of the $400k salaries that limit the candidate pool. I wonder if prez Johnson stepped up in any way, or if it were all donors. 

Do any of you guys know who the new donors are? Tesla? Microsoft? etc ? or maybe some retired rich folks up in Incline Village that have no ties to the school but just became fans because of the high profile recent success. 

Some of that is we no longer have to deal with the BOR.  We also got a million + frorm arky.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

#ThisIsUs

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

34 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think you were too drunk to see that that was a slam on the BOR.

A sub 40 percent 6 year grad rate, but wasting money hand over fist buying out contracts, and it’s the BORs fault Vegas’ ADs are incompetent!