Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

50 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Aint getting to 213 pages. We don't have enough sci-fi novelist/basketball insiders or 7th degree friends of boosters who are in the know to turn a large enough rumor mill.

We also don't have an AD whose idiotic comments are good for at least 20 pages.  We won't hear a peep until we have a new coach hired.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, bookworm said:

He have no idea what the South is like. He is in for a rude awakening.

Well, his wife is already on record as saying Logan, UT was completely unsafe for her daughter to attend a game due to the rampant racism and the crowd chanting the n-word during games so Arkansas should be paradise by comparison. 

Alright here’s my list in no particular order:

Chris Jans

Becky Hammon

Mark Pope

Russel Turner

Dave Rice

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Kind of makes you wonder what happened this year.

I have heard from an odd—though reliable—source that neither Muss nor Gus Argenal seemed to have been planning to stick around after this season.  Now Muss is gone, and Argenal apparently interviewed with Idaho St.(?)

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Who can without losing a year of eligibility? A good number have already used a redshirt year.

The only ones that come to mind 

Jordan Brown

Jazz Johnson * if hes eligible for a grad transfer

And Niz * same situation as Jazz

How do recruits work? Eric Parish is signed with us does that mean he is obligated to come to Nevada unless we release him from scholarship or he would be punished by losing a year of eligibility

1 minute ago, fbpack said:

The only ones that come to mind 

Jordan Brown

Jazz Johnson * if hes eligible for a grad transfer

And Niz * same situation as Jazz

Lindsey Drew is he’s eligible for a grad transfer. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Also why do people want Chris Jans? Every coach to leave New Mexico state for a bigger job has failed

Yup see: UNLV & UNM (so far anyway). But Jans may be an easy get, he likes the ladies and would give the chicken ranch a lot of biz.

24 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Alright here’s my list in no particular order:

Chris Jans

Becky Hammon

Mark Pope

Russel Turner

Dave Rice

I feel like that last name on the list is just for clicks.  You wouldn't be pissed if Rice was named HC?

1 minute ago, Lobo Amor said:

Yup see: UNLV & UNM (so far anyway). But Jans may be an easy get, he likes the ladies and would give the chicken ranch a lot of biz.

Jans winning percentage is way better than either. Didn't realize PW only had one year at NMSU before UNM got him. Not sure how that was a good hire.