Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

6 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Marvelous to Reno!!!! Please for the love of everything, let this rumors be true!!!

Does ph and playersinvegas become UNR fans if it happens?!?!

All jokes aside UNR is way too big time for Marv. Cal Poly hired a mid-level assistant over him!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

It’s a joke around the board, but I think he could succeed at Nevada.

Yeah, to be honest...he will make Muss recruiting look like child's play. He learned his lesion regarding the importance of a point guard play. Yes, he would be awesome. He did beat some of the best teams around the country.

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Augmon came with him. It hurts to say that, but I can see it happening.

I think he was waiting for Muss to go to Cal but when he didn't, he went to Washington.

Just now, VincentVegaBond said:

Rice has absolutely no charisma or leadership skills. He will never be a decent HC.

Players liked him though. He knows how to sell his vision and lay out individual plans. He probably deserves another shot.

1 minute ago, packNV said:

I don't think Marv would be a horrible hire for Nevada and would prefer him over Rice.  It didn't work at Vegas but that is a different job.  

Rice got some assistants jeopardizing him...the fight between Hut and Schroyer should never happens. He chose Schroyer over Hut even though Hut was the Associate HC. Just a young HC mistake.

3 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Yeah, to be honest...he will make Muss recruiting look like child's play. He learned his lesion regarding the importance of a point guard play. Yes, he would be awesome. He did beat some of the best teams around the country.

He might get another shot at Vegas in 3 or 4 years.  Or maybe BYU.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, bookworm said:

Yeah, to be honest...he will make Muss recruiting look like child's play. He learned his lesion regarding the importance of a point guard play.

Well put.

lesion [le´zhun] any pathological or traumatic discontinuity of tissue or loss of function of a part

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, packNV said:

I don't think Marv would be a horrible hire for Nevada and would prefer him over Rice.  It didn't work at Vegas but that is a different job.  

He is a good person.  All his players did real well academically which most fans overlooked.  He will get another chance someplace.  Vegas just wasn't the right place for him under an AD that didn't hire him.  

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He might get another shot at Vegas in 3 or 4 years.  Or maybe BYU.

I think Coach Otz is here to stays for awhile. I felt the same way about Beard. I like Beard for his blue collar style and the same way I feel about Otz despite this AD incompetence. 

43 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Take notes, Vegas fans.  This is how a real AD handles a coaching change.

Are you sure?  Looks to be missing something about the new coach being recognizable when standing in a room with the manager of the Reno Aces.

1 minute ago, bookworm said:

I think Coach Otz is here to stays for awhile. I felt the same way about Beard. I like Beard for his blue collar style and the same way I feel about Otz despite this AD incompetence. 

If he's good, he''ll get hired away. If he's not, we'll see another ridiculous coaching search that Vegas will phuck up.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

12 minutes ago, bookworm said:

He also lost to some of the worst teams around the country. He can not coach but he can recruit. Perhaps that is what UN will settle for. I hope not.

3 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

He is a good person.  All his players did real well academically which most fans overlooked.  He will get another chance someplace.  Vegas just wasn't the right place for him under an AD that didn't hire him.  

He was terrible. da fug? Dude stop recruiting...send his assistants to high games around the town even though Vegas valley is fertile with top 100 recruits while he sit at a night club? And then he recite some racial craps when UNLV fires his ass?