Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

Chris Jans, Johnny Jones, hell go talk to Mike Anderson and Steve Alford...lots of good coaches out there right now

Tim Miles, too.

My guess is It depends on how Nevada wants to recruit. Graduate and other transfers looking for a path to the NBA or high school 4 year guys. I think that a blend of both could work but for it to work the coach must have NBA ties like Mussleman did..

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I’m honestly surprised that he is going to Arkansas.  I didn’t see that one coming.  I thought he’d get a better P5 offer than that.  UNLV will finish ahead of UNR this year.  My guess is David Padgett.

I might be surprised he got that offer.  His stock was hot last year after a Sweet 16 appearance, but he didn't jump.  This year he had the most experienced team in college basketball and didn't really do anything with it.  A conference co-championship isn't a successful season with that roster.  When I remember that he won his first NCAA game last year in overtime, he is really pretty lucky to have won any NCAA Tournament games.  How hot is his stock if he doesn't have any NCAA victories?

22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Chris Jans is my pick for Nevada’s next head coach. 

I think he is mine, too. Interestingly, NMSU’s two best teams per KenPom have come during Jans two years as head coach. 

DeCuire, Miles, Alford, Connor, and Miller all stood out from Murray’s list 

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Nevada will probably promote current top assistant, and San Francisco Dons flame out, Rex Walters.  

AP_476299943390

I don’t think the hire would come from within the current program.

18 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I think the article could have stopped with the very first mention. IMO DeCuire would be a perfect fit - he has a proven record of building a tourney-worthy program, and Reno is used to waiting 10 years between tournament appearances between "runs."

a040f5b9-e291-4413-97fe-3bcc951635ac-lar

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

:whistle:

I think the article could have stopped with the very first mention. IMO DeCuire would be a perfect fit - he has a proven record of building a tourney-worthy program, and Reno is used to waiting 10 years between tournament appearances between "runs."

a040f5b9-e291-4413-97fe-3bcc951635ac-lar

Hey TSD

GFY

signed

mugtang

:P 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I, like many, many of you, was convinced Muss would never leave. He said he wanted to raise his kids in one place.  That was the deal he made with Danyelle.  He said he loved Reno so much.  I was so sure things were different with him and that there was just no better place for him.

Sadly, I was wrong, like many, many of you.

LMAO.  I was sure Muss did not care about money because he was already rich, things were different with him.  Everybody knows, rich people stop caring about money.

I don’t think this would happen, but what would be the reaction of our fans if we brought back TJ? He’s gotten older, and his runs at LSU and TCU weren’t great. But he changed the perception of Nevada basketball and made us competitive on a level we never experienced before.