Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Former_UNLV_coach_to_join_UNR_staff_0_36

He looks uncomfortable there.  Why does he look so uncomfortable in all of his pictures? :lol:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, utaggies said:

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/05/10/musselmans-deal-worth-1m-year-over-five-seasons/101517302/

I doubt that EM’s attendance bonus is considered a “performance” bonus.  I could be wrong, but it would seem “performance” relates to NCAA/NIT wins, conference championships, and the coach-of-the-year accolade.  If he hit all his marks in that regard he would max out at $300,000 anyway:

COTY = $10,000

Regular season champion: $10,000

Conference champion: $10,000

appear in the NCAA tourney: $10,000

6 rounds at the NCAA tourney: $60,000

Final 4: $100,000

NCAA Championship: $100,000

Total = $300,000

Regardless, you are still saying he made $280,000 this year on his attendance bonus.  Show me the math.

You need to get a hobby or at least get out more.

1 minute ago, wolfan8431 said:

You need to get a hobby or at least get out more.

Actually I have aquite a few hobbies and do get out a lot.  I had a great day skiing today and read some of the responses from your homies while on the chairlift.  But please tell me you’ve got a better response to Mussleman’s purported $1.5 million salary than this.

11 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I think UCLA will want to offer Bennett a similar contract than Cal got from them. Probably at 6-7 million per year. 

Dixon is not a good fit at UCLA. 

Read a report tonight where they talk about UCLA offering $8 million a year for Calipari to become their coach.

11 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't know how that's going to play out.  Are they going to force Dixon to stay over a buyout?  If they do, good luck getting another good coach to come on board once he leaves, at least not without a very favorable buyout.  

From what I have read and such that is the one and only hold up. People are saying TCU isn't budging from that buyout.

10 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

For the same reason that TJ has one.  

Supposedly, that 8 mil figure has not been confirmed.  And it's an awfully high number after his 3rd season.  If it's 8 now, what was it the first year? 

When Dixon become TCU's new head coach, they paid Pittsburgh a $10 million buyout to get Dixon. TCU just signed Dixon to a contract extension last April through 2023-2024 season I believe and I saw somewhere he is making about $1.5 million a year. 

11 hours ago, utaggies said:

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/05/10/musselmans-deal-worth-1m-year-over-five-seasons/101517302/

I doubt that EM’s attendance bonus is considered a “performance” bonus.  I could be wrong, but it would seem “performance” relates to NCAA/NIT wins, conference championships, and the coach-of-the-year accolade.  If he hit all his marks in that regard he would max out at $300,000 anyway:

COTY = $10,000

Regular season champion: $10,000

Conference champion: $10,000

appear in the NCAA tourney: $10,000

6 rounds at the NCAA tourney: $60,000

Final 4: $100,000

NCAA Championship: $100,000

Total = $300,000

Regardless, you are still saying he made $280,000 this year on his attendance bonus.  Show me the math.

The only way you’d know anything about Muss’s contract is if you just checked it, and you obviously didn’t check it well. And you certainly didn’t check it well enough to know there was a 300k bonus cap. I hadn’t looked at it since it came out, and it was right there to see when I just checked.

Maybe this is your groovy style of trolling, but it’s getting really boring.  If you need something to do in your spare time, why not offer to help the guys that do the repairs and maintenance to your school’s choo-choo. Or maybe drive up the road and check out some filming locations of Napoleon Dynamite. 

kat.jpg

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Former_UNLV_coach_to_join_UNR_staff_0_36

I sure hope no one ever frames his ass, because the cops will be sure he did the crime regardless if the evidence is good or not. That dude can be as innocent as a little puppy, but accuse him of doing something bad, and he’s failing lie detector tests all day long. 😂👍

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

When Dixon become TCU's new head coach, they paid Pittsburgh a $10 million buyout to get Dixon. TCU just signed Dixon to a contract extension last April through 2023-2024 season I believe and I saw somewhere he is making about $1.5 million a year. 

TCU only paid a 1.5 million to Pitt.  Pitt was looking to ease him out.  And Dixon's TCU deal is closer to 3 mil a year.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Well shit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The only way you’d know anything about Muss’s contract is if you just checked it, and you obviously didn’t check it well. And you certainly didn’t check it well enough to know there was a 300k bonus cap. I hadn’t looked at it since it came out, and it was right there to see when I just checked.

Maybe this is your groovy style of trolling, but it’s getting really boring.  If you need something to do in your spare time, why not offer to help the guys that do the repairs and maintenance to your school’s choo-choo. Or maybe drive up the road and check out some filming locations of Napoleon Dynamite. 

You are wrong in your judgement — again. I don’t have a copy of EM’s contract.  Do you?  What I do know of it is what I read in Murray’s article on the provisions of the contract.  I posted the link previously.  You thought my info may have been made up.  I doubt you even opened the links to view the info sources or you wouldn’t have made such a uninformed statement.  Here’s what Murray’s article stated about a $300,000 cap on his performance bonuses:

“Of note: Musselman is only eligible for the championship, coach of the year, NCAA Tournament and NIT bonuses if his program has meets the NCAA’s single-season Academic Progress Report requirement. The maximum in money earned for performance bonuses is $300,000 per season. If Musselman leaves Nevada for another job before May 1 following an academic season, he would forfeit all performance bonuses.

As I also posted I don’t believe the attendance incentive “bonus” is included in the “performance” bonuses cap.  Nor do I think the attendance incentive is limited by Nevada’s APR as the performance bonuses clearly are.  I say this because of the way the article framed the APR matter referencing only COTY, NCAA/NIT tournament, and championship bonuses BUT NOT THE ATTENDANCE BONUS, when he invoked the term “performance bonuses” and identified the cap.  I could be wrong on that (as I admitted previously) but don’t think I am.  I’d need to see the actual contract to know for sure.

Even with your new understanding of a $300,000 cap on performance bonuses, which you feel also includes the attendance incentive, you jump to the conclusion that his 2019 salary is $1.3 million.  You continually fail to explain why that is and how the attendance incentive resulted in $280,000 more in EM’s pocket above his $1 million base salary and the $20,000 that he earned for a co-championship and NCAA bid.  Are you finally prepared to explain that or will you continue to dig a hole and throw the dirt over yorself?

14 minutes ago, Poster17 said:

$300,000 incentive....$1.3 million per year......that is chump change to P5s.  He's as good as gone.

Yeah even the 'lower' P5's can toss around a few million without breaking a sweat. Pretty nuts

8k3esKz.png

Chris Murray tweet from yesterday:

The top target for Arkansas appears to be Texas Tech's Chris Beard, who is coaching in the Final Four this weekend, so I wouldn't expect any movement on the Razorbacks job until after his team is done in the NCAA Tournament.

If Arkansas can't land Beard, and it seems unlikely that will happen, the Razorbacks would move on to other candidates, including the aforementioned four who were interviewed this week.

Influencing the situation is UCLA's ongoing drama. The Bruins have identified TCU's Jamie Dixon as its next coach, but his $8 million buyout has been a sticking point. If UCLA can't seal the deal with Dixon, it could redoubled its efforts for Beard; go after Cincinnati's Mick Cronin, the other finalist for the job; or move on to other candidates, which could include Musselman if UCLA continues in its struggle to find a coach to replace Alford.

cerified_Subarus.jpg