Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't know how that's going to play out.  Are they going to force Dixon to stay over a buyout?  If they do, good luck getting another good coach to come on board once he leaves, at least not without a very favorable buyout.  

Why even have buyouts written in the contact then?  

16 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Why even have buyouts written in the contact then?  

For the same reason that TJ has one.  

Supposedly, that 8 mil figure has not been confirmed.  And it's an awfully high number after his 3rd season.  If it's 8 now, what was it the first year? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Most of Mead goes out of the state, especially to LA.  Vegas just sucks the rest of the state dry.

Surely you didn't mean to imply that vegas sucks.  That would be unkind of you. 

Barack Obama

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

California has some beautiful JCs for whatever reason. College of the Redwoods, where I spent 2 years, was gorgeous as well. 

CREureka.jpg

Not only beautiful, but very good schools as well. 

I bet you got a better education in 2 years at RW than you would have gotten in 4 years at UNLV, or another commuter school.

Cali sucks in many ways, but they do have some very good schools.  

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Reno has the National Bowling Stadium

Who do you think you are....I AM!!!! 

National_Bowling_Stadium.jpg

Is the in the "plus" category?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Back to the original topic I think we’re in the clear with Muss going to arkansas.  But to TCU?  Who knows.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

:huh:

WTF are you talking about?

How’s this for starters: that giant water pipeline to Vegas you guys tried to mash through the legislature a few years ago.  And my family’s (multiple generations ago) old ranch outside of Pioche is now bone dry…because like many similar ranches, Vegas bought it for the water rights.

Anyway, like mug said: back to the topic at hand.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth vs. Reno .... go

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth is home to the corporate headquarters of Pier 1 Imports and Radio Shack  

Your serve Reno?

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth has historically been a center of the longhorn cattle trade.

Reno has 2 Sizzler's

Your serve Reno

I'll play.....does Fort Worth have this:

Image result for mt rose

Game, Set, Match!

12 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

How’s this for starters: that giant water pipeline to Vegas you guys tried to mash through the legislature a few years ago.  And my family’s (multiple generations ago) old ranch outside of Pioche is now bone dry…because like many similar ranches, Vegas bought it for the water rights.

How's this for reality: none of that water is going to Vegas. Vegas is 100% reliant on Lake Mead water. SNWA may own the water rights, but none of that water is going to Vegas.

ETA: and sucking dry a couple of podunk ranches is hardly equivalent to sucking the rest of the state dry.

But back to Muss going to TCU now.

11 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Reno is not Tahoe.

Ha! That's Mt. Rose in the foreground, or about 15 minutes from my old house in Reno to the chairlift. It takes longer to get from the Strip to Henderson.

9 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

It always amazes me that you internet folk can figure these details out without any data. Just admit neither of you have a clue as to what his bonus is and move on. 

I went back and went over his latest contract, checked the numbers, and then I never remembered seeing the verbiage that caps his bonuses at $300,000. So, Muss will make approximately $1.3 mil. this year. So my bad, Murray was right. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, utaggies said:

Nevada had ticket revenues of $1.36 million in FY18, which didn’t trip theattendance bonus.  It projected $2.5 million of revenue for FY19, presumably attributable to attendance and ticket price increases.  If that were achieved EM’s attendance bonus would be about $270,000 and $290,000 inclusive of his other two bonuses.  For him to receive a $480,000 attendance bonus, revenues would need to be $3.35 million, a 250% increase over last year.

Even with 27,000 more attendance this year plus ticket price increases the match just doesn’t seem to work.

LOL, so Knuth devised an attendance bonus where the season average attendance was up into the 90% range, and he’s going to get nothing? Dude, it’s simple sanity checks like that that should give you a huge clue that you’re missing something (hint: it’s rectangular, made of special paper with a lot of green detailed markings all over it).

kat.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, so Knuth devised an attendance bonus where the season average attendance was up into the 90% range, and he’s going to get nothing? Dude, it’s simple sanity checks like that that should give you a huge clue that you’re missing something (hint: it’s rectangular, made of special paper with a lot of green detailed markings all over it).

Why is math so difficult for some of you Nevada fans?  Here are the numbers.  I have no clue which orifice you pulled yours from.  So tag, you’re it.  Now you provide the data that supports your contention that EM made $1.5 million this year.  You can skip the incentives for anything other than attendance because I don’t believe there is any disputing that he only qualified for $20,000 of those.

For 2018-19 EM received $10,000 for Nevada being the MWC co-champion and $10,000 for playing one round in the NCAA tournament.  His base salary was $1,000,000.

$1,500,000 (what you stated he made) - $1,000,000 (base salary) - $20,000 (incentives) = $480,000 (what would need to be made up from revenues associated with his attendance clause.

Attendance clause: EM will receive 25% of any ticket revenues that exceed $1,431,000.

$480,000 x 4 = $1,920,000 (the increase amount of ticket sales above $1,431,000 for EM to reach a pay check of $1.5 million in 2018-19

The ticket sales to achieve this would then = $1,920,000 + $1,431,000 = $3,351,000

Ticket sales in FY2018 (ending June 30, 2018) = $1,398,609 (from UNR’s annual report)

% increase in revenues from FY18 to FY19 necessary to achieve $3,351,000 =

$3,351,000/$1,398,609 = 240% increase

Nevada’s increase in attendance from 2017-18 to 2018-19 seasons:

10,852 x 15 games (I extrapolated from the figure given in an RGI article, but which was written with one game remaining) = 162,780 (2019)

135,725 (2018)

Increase = 162,780 - 135,725 = 27,055

The takeaway?  I don’t know what EM’s final 2019 salary is because Nevada’s ticket revenue info for the past season hasn’t been released yet.  But I am comfortable in saying what his salary isn’t.  And it isn’t $1.5 million because that would mean Nevada increased its ticket revenue by 340% this past year.  And that certainly didn’t happen, even with increased attendance and ticket prices.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I went back and went over his latest contract, checked the numbers, and then I never remembered seeing the verbiage that caps his bonuses at $300,000. So, Muss will make approximately $1.3 mil. this year. So my bad, Murray was right. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/05/10/musselmans-deal-worth-1m-year-over-five-seasons/101517302/

I doubt that EM’s attendance bonus is considered a “performance” bonus.  I could be wrong, but it would seem “performance” relates to NCAA/NIT wins, conference championships, and the coach-of-the-year accolade.  If he hit all his marks in that regard he would max out at $300,000 anyway:

COTY = $10,000

Regular season champion: $10,000

Conference champion: $10,000

appear in the NCAA tourney: $10,000

6 rounds at the NCAA tourney: $60,000

Final 4: $100,000

NCAA Championship: $100,000

Total = $300,000

Regardless, you are still saying he made $280,000 this year on his attendance bonus.  Show me the math.

2 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Then don't sell. My grandpa was given his family ranch in Mesquite, but divided it up himself and gave some to his brothers. Most sold land and water rights throughout and soon that place will be non existent. It's now a weird farm land surrounded by a major road, school and housing/business developments.

It's 2019. As much as I'd love to have a cool ranch like that in my back pocket for family gatherings or for fun, it isn't 1890 anymore and that ranch life is about as rare as it comes in these areas. Which is why most have sold off unused lands anyway. Families move on.

All is well, For Rice is gone.