Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

NCAA investigations haven't even started yet, have they?

NCAA not involved here.  TCU received a subpeona for employment records, which they fulfilled.  Barker was fired weeks ago, and the DA in NY said there's no indication of wrongdoing on the schools part.  The NCAA is only looking at schools where money to players might have been involved.  Not the case here.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner

Most likely candidate to replace Musselman (poor Eric!), would be either Dave Rice (obviously), or WCC reject, Rex Walters.

635706869702885411-AP10121802477.jpg?wid

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

NCAA not involved.  TCU received a subpeona for employment records, which they fulfilled.  Barker was fired weeks ago, and the DA in NY said there's no indication of wrongdoing on the schools part.

I heard the NCAA is going to investigate once the FBI is finished and the trials have concluded. 

It's hard to believe they are going to ignore illegal payments to coaches. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I heard the NCAA is going to investigate once the FBI is finished and the trials have concluded. 

It's hard to believe they are going to ignore illegal payments to coaches. 

Not that hard to believe.  NCAA regs are player centric.  Always have been.  If it turns out Barker took that 6K and gave some to a player to sign with the agency involved (and no TCU player has signed with that agency), then you have a possible violation.  But even then its 1 player and 1 coach.  Given that they fired Barker immediately, its doubtful the NCAA would do much more than slap TCU on the wrist.  Same with Creighton (the other school that got subpeonaed).

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

31 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

It appears NevadaFan short circuited when you give him data he cannot compute. 

200w.gif 

Lol. Jesus H. The rebel honks jumping in. If you’re all so confident that utards data is accurate, how about you also take my offer? You can all exit stage left together when his numbers don’t align with actuals. Or I will.

My point is this. Remember that massive booster money, pouring in to underwrite some bigly contract for Matta... but as it turns out ZERO booster money was raised for Whataburger’s contract? That’s my point. We have no clue what Muss will make dispite his efforts to figure it out. 

And utard can go f himself. I’ve never bashed USU and generally don’t care about that program but the racist undertones of the baby-daddy chants directed at Thurman and this guy’s actions for the last several weeks tell me all I need to know about this dickhead. 

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Most likely candidate to replace Musselman (poor Eric!), would be either Dave Rice (obviously), or WCC reject, Rex Walters.

635706869702885411-AP10121802477.jpg?wid

Oh look. Utard #2 needs conversation! I like that your not complaining about someone starting a BYU thread! That’s good. 

Just now, RSF said:

Not that hard to believe.  NCAA regs are player centric.  Always have been.  If it turns out Barker took that 6K and gave some to a player to sign with the agency involved, then you have a possible violation.  But even then its 1 player and 1 coach.  Given that they fired Barker immediately, its doubtful the NCAA would do much more than slap TCU on the wrist.

Money has supposedly been given to parents and handlers to steer recruits.  Once money changes hands, the NCAA will investigate. 

From what I've read, this could drag out for years.  And it's possible the IRS will also get involved.  Apparently you have to declare a bribe as income. 

Barack Obama

Guest #1Stunner
39 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Oh look. Utard #2 needs conversation! I like that your not complaining about someone starting a BYU thread! That’s good. 

LOL!   "Utard"?   

First, I'm not from Utah.  

Second, are you using a slur of "Retard"?   WOW.    Really????    I'm not sure that Google is going to like this.   There are rumors that Google demonetizes sites for offensive things.  

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth is home to the corporate headquarters of Pier 1 Imports and Radio Shack  

Your serve Reno?

Reno has the National Bowling Stadium

Who do you think you are....I AM!!!! 

National_Bowling_Stadium.jpg

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth has historically been a center of the longhorn cattle trade.

Reno has 2 Sizzler's

Your serve Reno

Reno has the best PF Changs I've ever been to though. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Reno has 2 Sizzler's

Your serve Reno

Where are the Sizzlers located?  I'm hungry.

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Reno has 2 Sizzler's

Your serve Reno

We only have 1 that I know of. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

17 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fort Worth is home to the corporate headquarters of Pier 1 Imports and Radio Shack  

Your serve Reno?

Is Radio Shack still around?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Monterey Peninsula College. Well known former players include Herman Edwards, David Fales, and SalinasSpartan. If I am not mistaken Fresno just picked up a QB commit from there also. 

California has some beautiful JCs for whatever reason. College of the Redwoods, where I spent 2 years, was gorgeous as well. 

CREureka.jpg

Just now, Wyobraska said:

What does the NCAA really do though anymore?  They don't have any real power.  

They have the power to sanction.  

I have no idea what they are going to do.  There are so many schools involved.  They might just say "F it" and do nothing other than create new rules to at least give the impression they have done something. 

There has always been an unspoken, dark and dirty side to college basketball.  Now a bright light is being shined on the dark & dirty. They can't ignore it, but like you suggest, WTF can they do? 

Barack Obama

20 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Fun fact:

The state of New Mexico sucks up nearly 3 times more water from the Colorado river than Nevada.

Most of Mead goes out of the state, especially to LA.  Vegas just sucks the rest of the state dry.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg