Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Not just lame, but ignorant. Is he claiming that Ivy League schools have "real greek crap"? Also I don't think we have any painted brick, nor do the ivies. Most of our traditional buildings were built in the late 1800s and early 1900s in the traditional style of the time. 

UNLV's campus is awful just like most campuses built post-WWII.

Yeah, UNLV is closer to a big community college look than anything else. And I’m being serious. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The ticket prices have gone up a lot, so there’s a lot more money to be made there. We kind of figured it out a while ago around what could be made, and it was way more than $150k. 

Nevada had ticket revenues of $1.36 million in FY18, which didn’t trip theattendance bonus.  It projected $2.5 million of revenue for FY19, presumably attributable to attendance and ticket price increases.  If that were achieved EM’s attendance bonus would be about $270,000 and $290,000 inclusive of his other two bonuses.  For him to receive a $480,000 attendance bonus, revenues would need to be $3.35 million, a 250% increase over last year.

Even with 27,000 more attendance this year plus ticket price increases the match just doesn’t seem to work.

14 minutes ago, utaggies said:

Nevada had ticket revenues of $1.36 million in FY18, which didn’t trip theattendance bonus.  It projected $2.5 million of revenue for FY19, presumably attributable to attendance and ticket price increases.  If that were achieved EM’s attendance bonus would be about $270,000 and $290,000 inclusive of his other two bonuses.  For him to receive a $480,000 attendance bonus, revenues would need to be $3.35 million, a 250% increase over last year.

Even with 27,000 more attendance this year plus ticket price increases the match just doesn’t seem to work.

It always amazes me that you internet folk can figure these details out without any data. Just admit neither of you have a clue as to what his bonus is and move on. 

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

Makes sense! The vegetation did compute

You can definitely grow oaks in the desert....but def not the oaks from the photo. I also thought that first picture was a bit off. 

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I take your campuses (or are they campii?) and raise you the UF

college-photo_33595.jpg

tumblr_n5vtxpYiy91rsamfjo1_1280.jpg

AR-309109725.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

University-of-Florida-Best-Value-College

004080_00_N8_medium.jpg

1200px-UFHistoricBuildingBryanHall.JPG

Is the campus the pollen hellscape I imagine it to be without a hard winter?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

37 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I can't speak for the UF campus, but my area of North Carolina is a pollen hellscape right now.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

It always amazes me that you internet folk can figure these details out without any data. Just admit neither of you have a clue as to what his bonus is and move on. 

I looked at the most recent data.  

https://nshe.nevada.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/BoardOfRegents/Agendas/2018/nov-mtgs/bor2930-refs/BOR-15c.pdf

https://nevadawolfpack.com/news/2019/2/27/mens-basketball-wolf-pack-shatters-lawlor-attendance-record.aspx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rgj.com/amp/101517302

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Yes. There's about a month each year I can't breathe. 

28 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Your cobbling together information. That’s not data. How do you know it’s even valid?

You are kidding, right?

The attendance figures are from the newspaper and include historical info.

The revenues are as reported by UNR in their annual report.

The contract details are well known and can be found in numerous locations on the internet.  You may have heard about it.

Muss may have some skeletons in the closet other than 1 or 2 DUI's.

I had heard that some reporter in vegas had said that NV didn't properly vet Muss and if they had he would not have been hired.  I didn't believe it.  Then I heard the skeletons were the reason he didn't get the Cal job. I didn't believe that either.  

Now I see it mentioned on Arky's board.  Keep in mind these were the same people who said Muss was on their campus when he hadn't even left Reno.

"Some trustees wanted to wait and talk to Chris Beard after the final four, before we offered anybody else.

We came to an agreement in principal with Kelvin Sampson last weekend.  He had the contract in hard, but never signed it.   We moved on to Plan B, and Sampson got a nice raise and extension to stay at Houston. 

We offered Eric Musselman, but the BOT Athletic Committee wouldn’t approve it.  Apparently EM has some skeletons in the closet. 

Yurachek met with and offered the job to Gregg Marshall last night.  Hearing he will be our next head coach." 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 4/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Utah is the Mississippi of the West.  It's the most racist state I've visted.

This is a stupid meme. Do better.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman