Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

https://hoopdirt.com/arkansas-dirt/

Arkansas Dirt…

I can confirm through multiple sources that Nevada head coach Eric Musselman is on campus today at Arkansas.

There are also reports of Bud Walton Arena being set up for a presser. While that is in fact true, it doesn’t necessarily mean a hiring is imminent. I have it from a great source that the arena has been set up since Saturday.

Arkansas is reportedly ready to pony up somewhere in the range of $3m-$3.4m to make this hire.

More on this one as I hear it.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Because you can't spell flagship "commuter school."

So UNR is the flagship because UNLV is a bigger school with better facilities, more professional schools, higher ranked professional schools, national championships in multiple sports and carries a much larger presense in the national landscape?

Image result for yeah right gif

Guest #1Stunner

Honestly, Musselman is smart to bail on Reno.   

Not because Nevada isn't a good school.  But because he constructed a roster full of transfers and seniors.   Isn't Nevada's cupboard essentially bare going into next season?

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Not because Nevada isn't a good school.  But because he constructed a roster full of transfers and seniors.   Isn't Nevada's cupboard essentially bare going into next season?

At this point, no it’s not bare.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Nope not at all actually 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So UNR is the flagship because UNLV is a bigger school with better facilities, more professional schools, higher ranked professional schools, national championships in multiple sports and carries a much larger presense in the national landscape?

It’s the flagship because if for nothing else it spawned your chitty campus. 

Guest #1Stunner

Side note....

Didn't the MWC (Hair Thompson) say that they were going to revisit pursuing Gonzaga again this offseason, after the MWC signs a new TV deal?

IS that expected to happen?

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I didn't call Nevada a flagship. But UNLV is still a commuter school with a strip mall for a campus.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Side note....

Didn't the MWC (Hair Thompson) say that they were going to revisit pursuing Gonzaga again this offseason, after the MWC signs a new TV deal?

IS that expected to happen?

I don't remember that 

2 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

My disdain for Las Vegas as a teenager has nothing to do with UNLV's factual superiority over UNR. 

“Factual superiority.” Haha. This is what your newspapers always say when they whine about funding?

Just now, NVGiant said:

Leave it to the UNLV fan with a Nevada degree to take this seriously. 

I say it shows a lack of bias. Adds credibility to his argument in my opinion.