Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You don't think we can find a coach that can compete with TJ What's His Name? Come on Mug ... you forget the UNLV coaching cycle. Over-the-top exuberance at new hire > predictions of dominance over a weak league that they have never won > excuses for mediocre start mixed with concern that the Rebels are not playing fast enough > offseason ending in chest-beating over UNLV recruiting championships > early loss incites panic in the fanbase > calls for firing of coach > actual firing of coach > rinse and repeat. 

This cycle also works for UNLV football in modified form.

JC_Pop_Corn.gif

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

636269167123573349-RENBrd-05-06-2016-RGJ

get out gtfo GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Let's hit the Pitino tree with Mark Pope. He's done well at Utah Valley. Good recruiter, bring in Padgett as protege and coach in waiting when Pope gets plucked.

How about Allen Edwards, played for Pitino and teammates with Pope, I’m sure Wyoming would be willing to wave any buyouts he has. 

16 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Down in Arkansas there beat writers are saying Arkansas never had a chance to talk to Sampson to see if he was even interested. One twitter I saw somewhere saying Sampson was dropping hints about leaving to get a new deal from Houston when he had no intention of leaving.

Kelvin and his family really like living in Houston...after being Asst HC for the Rockets and HC for the Cougars he may be a Houston lifer.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

I've been reading the Arkansas boards.  You won't believe it, but some are questioning hiring Muss because his wife is black.  

Here is one of the few comments on that subject that I have read:

"Anybody thinking Musselman and his wife walking into a restaurant in South Arkansas wouldn't raise eyebrows from both sides of the color spectrum is delusional. I have no problem with it at all. I'm just wondering if it would be a challenge recruiting some families." 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I've been reading the Arkansas boards.  You won't believe it, but some are questioning hiring Muss because his wife is black.  

Here is one of the few comments on that subject that I have read:

"Anybody thinking Musselman and his wife walking into a restaurant in South Arkansas wouldn't raise eyebrows from both sides of the color spectrum is delusional. I have no problem with it at all. I'm just wondering if it would be a challenge recruiting some families." 

Seriously? Oh Arkansas.

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Kelvin and his family really like living in Houston...after being Asst HC for the Rockets and HC for the Cougars he may be a Houston lifer.

That is what i am thinking. Personally I don't think he was going to leave unless maybe a Duke or someone came calling lol

The more I read, the less I think Muss will end up at Arky.   It may happen, but it's no slam dunk.  

I know he's probably leaving sooner than later.  I just hope he makes the right decision.  I think he can do better than arky. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If you go over to their boards, set your watch back to 1958. 

Unfortunately… It’s both sides that act like this. I was dating a woman who was black and her brother was pissed because she was dating someone Who in his mind would never understand them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

40 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You don't think we can find a coach that can compete with TJ What's His Name? Come on Mug ... you forget the UNLV coaching cycle. Over-the-top exuberance at new hire > predictions of dominance over a weak league that they have never won > excuses for mediocre start mixed with concern that the Rebels are not playing fast enough > offseason ending in chest-beating over UNLV recruiting championships > early loss incites panic in the fanbase > calls for firing of coach > actual firing of coach > rinse and repeat. 

This cycle also works for UNLV football in modified form.

You're very tense this morning, but I understand.

hugs GIF

sad emo GIF by WE tv

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If you go over to their boards, set your watch back to 1958. 

Muss along his wife and daughter will have to feel comfortable in Arkansas. If not there's more to life than money and other jobs that aren't in Arkansas will surface for him. If not this year probably next.