Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

8 hours ago, bigd said:

Assuming he leaves who would be a good replacement?

Tim Miles? Steve Alford? Joe Pasternack? David Padgett?

I’d be ok with the first three (is Pasternack in hot water with the FBI stuff?). I’ll thrown in Travis DeCuire. I think he would be a good hire. 

11 hours ago, toonkee said:

How is AK going to get Beard from TT?

Why would he go?  TT will pay Beard whatever they need to now.

Lots of money in Alaska. That being said, I thought we were talking about Arkansas...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

There it is 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I really don't like Goodman.  Hopefully, he is FOS on this one too. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think he can do better.  But either way, it really doesn't matter if he leaves this year or next.  

If he's leaving for sure, I hope he goes soon so we can get a new guy in place and move on. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think he can do better.  But either way, it really doesn't matter if he leaves this year or next.  

If he's leaving for sure, I hope he goes soon so we can get a new guy in place and move on. 

I think this would be a good year for him to go, if he is going to go. Guys like Jalen Harris, Jazz, and Lyndsey Drew almost certainly won't transfer. And Jordan Brown might actually welcome a new coach, if it's the right one. That might be overly optimistic, but if it holds true, that's a pretty good nucleus to get started with. I think Muss made this an infinitely better job than the one he took and it would be attractive for a fair number of solid candidates. Plus, Knuth seems to have a real knack for finding coaches.

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If he goes, will he take Eric Parrish with him?:(

12 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I think this would be a good year for him to go, if he is going to go. Guys like Jalen Harris, Jazz, and Lyndsey Drew almost certainly won't transfer. And Jordan Brown might actually welcome a new coach, if it's the right one. That might be overly optimistic, but if it holds true, that's a pretty good nucleus to get started with. I think Muss made this an infinitely better job than the one he took and it would be attractive for a fair number of solid candidates. Plus, Knuth seems to have a real knack for finding coaches.

Image result for this is fine gif

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Image result for this is fine gif

Nah. Just calling it as I see it. If we are assuming Musselman is going, this is as good a year as any for him to do it. I'd rather he stay, but unlike UNLV we don't suck at hiring coaches.

I may be in the minority… But I would love for Nevada to go after Johnny Jones. Part of the Sweet 16 team, helped tutor Musselman, took over Texas Southern and they are still dancing grant it it’s a lower tournament, and knows how to draw talent. Plus he’s older so maybe looking to settle down to a long-term with a program.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

How much you think the throw at him? Over 2 for sure. Getting near 3?

They’ll probably offer him 3.5, a figure we can’t come close to matching.  

2 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I may be in the minority… But I would love for Nevada to go after Johnny Jones. Part of the Sweet 16 team, helped tutor Musselman, took over Texas Southern and they are still dancing grant it it’s a lower tournament, and knows how to draw talent. Plus he’s older so maybe looking to settle down to a long-term with a program.

No thanks. He did nothing at LSU with that talent he brought in. 

12 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Johnny Jones is a former Memphis HC and dude can flat out coach.

He built UNTs hoops program, took LSU to the NCAAs, and has continued Mike Davis' tradition of winning at Texas Southern.

Johnny Jones HC....David Padgett Assoc HC/HC in waiting...that would be great 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Alaska's trying to be a player in college basketball now?

UAA -&- UAF are D-II

I've receive mail address to AR (Arkansas) & AL (Alabama).  You're all good as long as the ZIP Code is correct.