Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada Hires Steve Alford!

Unfortunately not an April fools joke.  According to their 247 insider forum (which I have access to as a former publisher), Muss is their choice and it’ll be announced tomorrow.  We’ve had a nice run.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Unfortunately not an April fools joke.  According to their 247 insider forum (which I have access to as a former publisher), Muss is their choice and it’ll be announced tomorrow.  We’ve had a nice run.  

No solid reporting on this yet...

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Just saw Calipari turned down UCLA (6 YEARS 48 MILLION) got an extension at Kentucky. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Heard he was interested in Alabama too but that got snatched up, wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Arkansas. 

SEC is going to be a good basketball conference for awhile. 

Arkansas is loaded with young talent.  He'd be walking into a pretty solid situation.

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Heard he was interested in Alabama too but that got snatched up, wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Arkansas. 

SEC is going to be a good basketball conference for awhile. 

I wouldn’t blame him for taking the job.  Triple (or more) your salary.  Play in a conference where you don’t have to win 25+ games to get an at-large bid. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Seems Sampson from Houston is their choice. Willing to offer more than 3 mill. Per year. Have not seen Muss in any of the articles. ..so far.

yeah. who the heck knows?

April 1, 8:30 a.m.: A spokesperson for the University of Arkansas athletic department has declined to comment as to whether or not Kelvin Sampson will be the next men’s head basketball coach. The spokesperson also declined to comment on an offer, adding that no comment would be made until a deal is official, whether that be with Sampson or someone else.

The University of Houston is likely to counter any offer made by the University of Arkansas, according to UH board of regent chairman Tilman Fertitta. Fertitta, a billionaire who also owns the Houston Rockets, told the Houston Chronicle last week: “We’re sure not going to let him leave because of money.”

The Houston-based CBS affiliate KHOU 11 also reported last week that the reunion of Sampson and Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek could be coming.

Mar 30, 6 p.m.: A source with ties to the University of Arkansas athletic department tells Arkansas Money & Politics that Houston’s Kelvin Sampson will likely be the next UA men’s basketball coach. The University has not yet responded to requests for confirmation.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

yeah. who the heck knows?

April 1, 8:30 a.m.: A spokesperson for the University of Arkansas athletic department has declined to comment as to whether or not Kelvin Sampson will be the next men’s head basketball coach. The spokesperson also declined to comment on an offer, adding that no comment would be made until a deal is official, whether that be with Sampson or someone else.

The University of Houston is likely to counter any offer made by the University of Arkansas, according to UH board of regent chairman Tilman Fertitta. Fertitta, a billionaire who also owns the Houston Rockets, told the Houston Chronicle last week: “We’re sure not going to let him leave because of money.”

The Houston-based CBS affiliate KHOU 11 also reported last week that the reunion of Sampson and Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek could be coming.

May 30, 6 p.m.: A source with ties to the University of Arkansas athletic department tells Arkansas Money & Politics that Houston’s Kelvin Sampson will likely be the next UA men’s basketball coach. The University has not yet responded to requests for confirmation.

Muss to Houston?

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Will Nevada fans match UNLV fans in posts regarding search for a new coach? 

Probably not.  We won’t go from Rick Pitino to Thad Matta to whoever else was named.