Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

MW fans don't know who Hank Bachmeier is...

21 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Hank Bachmeier? Sounds like a name for an insurance agent.:hmmm:

Or this guy:

On 4/1/2019 at 2:21 PM, kingpotato said:

... but MW municipalities have frantically been back stocking lube in preparation of His arrival. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2826911-ranking-the-top-10-freshmen-for-the-2019-college-football-season.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

"5. Hank Bachmeier, Boise State Quarterback

Credit: 247Sports 

While freshman such as Wisconsin's Graham Mertz, Arizona State's Jayden Daniels and Auburn's Bo Nix have the skill set, talent and ability to lead their teams and do big things in 2019, there's one overlooked player who'll post better numbers than any of them.

Boise State's Hank Bachmeier steps into an ideal situation following Brett Rypien's departure after a career that saw him start all four seasons. Those are huge shoes to fill, but the 4-star prospect from Murrieta Valley, California, is ready.

He hasn't been named the starter yet, but it would be surprising if he didn't run away with the job. Once he wins it, he's got the potential to toss 30 touchdown passes as a true freshman.

"When he's been out there with the [first team], he's run the show and he's done very well," Boise State coach Bryan Harsin told the Idaho Statesman's Dave Southorn. "I don't feel like it's been too big for him."

According to 247Sports' Chris Hummer, Bachmeier, the nation's No. 6 pro-style passer, is the highest-ranked offensive prospect ever to sign with the Broncos. When you get a player of his ilk in the Mountain West, you can't afford to keep him on the sideline.

He's got the ability to be a college star right away and to go on to the NFL one day. He'll stand out immediately."

*Disclaimer* I don't think he'll win the job, but if he can beat out Chase Cord, run... don't walk... to the store before he they run out. 

I still think Cord is the favorite to win the starting job, but Hank will certainly make him earn it.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I still think Cord is the favorite to win the starting job, but Hank will certainly make him earn it.  

Yeah, Cord is no slouch. Had offers from Pac-12, B1G, Big XII, as well as Ivy league. Either way, Boise is in good shape. 

• Like 1