Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

MW fans don't know who Hank Bachmeier is...

... but MW municipalities have frantically been back stocking lube in preparation of His arrival. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2826911-ranking-the-top-10-freshmen-for-the-2019-college-football-season.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

"5. Hank Bachmeier, Boise State Quarterback

Credit: 247Sports 

While freshman such as Wisconsin's Graham Mertz, Arizona State's Jayden Daniels and Auburn's Bo Nix have the skill set, talent and ability to lead their teams and do big things in 2019, there's one overlooked player who'll post better numbers than any of them.

Boise State's Hank Bachmeier steps into an ideal situation following Brett Rypien's departure after a career that saw him start all four seasons. Those are huge shoes to fill, but the 4-star prospect from Murrieta Valley, California, is ready.

He hasn't been named the starter yet, but it would be surprising if he didn't run away with the job. Once he wins it, he's got the potential to toss 30 touchdown passes as a true freshman.

"When he's been out there with the [first team], he's run the show and he's done very well," Boise State coach Bryan Harsin told the Idaho Statesman's Dave Southorn. "I don't feel like it's been too big for him."

According to 247Sports' Chris Hummer, Bachmeier, the nation's No. 6 pro-style passer, is the highest-ranked offensive prospect ever to sign with the Broncos. When you get a player of his ilk in the Mountain West, you can't afford to keep him on the sideline.

He's got the ability to be a college star right away and to go on to the NFL one day. He'll stand out immediately."

*Disclaimer* I don't think he'll win the job, but if he can beat out Chase Cord, run... don't walk... to the store before he they run out. 

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

*Disclaimer* I don't think he'll win the job, but if he can beat out Chase Cord, run... don't walk... to the store before he they run out. 

If this happens - I could see Hank never playing meaningful minutes as a Bronco.  With Cord being eligible for a medical redshirt - he will only be a R-Freshman this season.  I don't think Hank will want to sit for 4 years behind Cord and could transfer if things don't work out.  Seems like that's been the theme with Bronco quarterbacks.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Florida kid Riley Smith leaves after spring.

If Hank is who they say he is, I don't care about how  much 'playbook' he understands in September,  when you recruit a kid like this and sit him you can say goodbye to others in the future.  Especially when the 'incumbent' has no starts and very few minutes and is coming off an ACL repair.   This will be very interesting and I know Harsin is like Rice in hoops, they hate playing freshmen. 

54 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Or male prostitute.  Like Dan Akroyd. 

Fred Garvin, baby.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If this happens - I could see Hank never playing meaningful minutes as a Bronco.  With Cord being eligible for a medical redshirt - he will only be a R-Freshman this season.  I don't think Hank will want to sit for 4 years behind Cord and could transfer if things don't work out.  Seems like that's been the theme with Bronco quarterbacks.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Florida kid Riley Smith leaves after spring.

He is not eligible for a medical RS. Had they finished their scheduled game with BC he would have played less than 30% of their games. Without it, he played over 30% of their games. The NCAA would have to make an exception to their own rule to give him a medical hardship. 

38 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

He is not eligible for a medical RS. Had they finished their scheduled game with BC he would have played less than 30% of their games. Without it, he played over 30% of their games. The NCAA would have to make an exception to their own rule to give him a medical hardship. 

Hmmm, statesman reported back in October that he could get it due to the new 4-game redshirt rule. I’ve seen it reported as both 30% and 1/3. 

Gabe Gubrud played in 5 of EWUs 15 games and got denied at first for a sixth season after announcing his transfer to Wazzu. Then he won his appeal.

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/former-ewu-qb-gubrud-wins-appeal-will-transfer-to-wsu/

So I think it couldgo either way depending on how the NCAA sees it.

Spring game's gonna be an opportunity for Bachmeier to shine.

From 2015:

Buttholes will be proplapsed..

I pray he doesn't transfer out if Cord somehow pulls it out..

New-Signature.jpg

16 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hmmm, statesman reported back in October that he could get it due to the new 4-game redshirt rule. I’ve seen it reported as both 30% and 1/3. 

Gabe Gubrud played in 5 of EWUs 15 games and got denied at first for a sixth season after announcing his transfer to Wazzu. Then he won his appeal.

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/former-ewu-qb-gubrud-wins-appeal-will-transfer-to-wsu/

So I think it couldgo either way depending on how the NCAA sees it.

Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

• The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
  • The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
  • The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
  • The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

My guess is that they will argue that, while the BC game was cancelled, it had started and if not for an act of nature that would have put him under 30%. It might work, but I wouldn't count on anything when the NCAA is involved.

20 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Hank Bachmeier? Sounds like a name for an insurance agent.:hmmm:

No, but he’s gonna one...

2CC60503-DD82-4EC4-BED6-9F10F9EE82CE.png

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

My guess is that they will argue that, while the BC game was cancelled, it had started and if not for an act of nature that would have put him under 30%. It might work, but I wouldn't count on anything when the NCAA is involved.

So I tried to find the rule. This powerpoint from the NCAA says the 30% rule is rounded up.  So 30% of 13 games is 3.9 - this can be rounded up to 4 games.  See slide 23.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018RR_Division_I_Medical_Hardship_Waivers_20180724_0.pptx

image.png.2afdeb0551bce9250458bd45bf87d31c.png

So under that methodology, he would be able to receive it.

Probably doesn't matter though, doubt he'll be in Boise for the 2022 season.