Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruininthebay

Mountain West exclusive negotiations with CBS

Preferred primary partner for Mountain West media rights  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which media partner do you prefer the Mountain West agree to a new media rights contract with ?

2. 2. How should the MW address 'tier 3' rights?

45 minutes ago, Balzac said:

Losing signature coaches like Musselman is a killer for TV deal discussions.

Whats there to sell?

In order to ignite a bidding war scenario, there has to be some name coaches and positive momentum. 

I wouldn’t go to the open market with the current state of FB and MBB. It’s in the MWCs best interest to strike a deal with its current partner, using the exclusive window as an enticement to come to terms (like the AAC did).

Like the Tulsa fan said, the ESPN windows have been maxed out anyway. That’s one disadvantage of being the last to agree to terms. I just don’t know who is out there saying “I just gotta have MWC basketball and football on my Station.”

Balzac Out

Boise football is far and away still the most valuable commodity not in the P5.  Not even a close second, including UCF.

Balzac, you were doing fine until you referenced the poster from Tulsa. That's akin to the guy who assured the Politburo that Germany wasn't going to invade the Soviet Union because the master strategist Stalin who had 5K of his generals murdered and so couldn't even defeat Finland had a non-aggression pact with Hitler.

None of that matters anyway in this case since the writing has been on the wall for six months or so that Craig Thompson is hell bent on replicating his creation of The Mtn. This time he's determined to go be first to go balls to the wall on streaming of conference games. My guess is the result will also be the same. For several years it will seem like a good decision but will ultimately prove to be otherwise.

Boom goes the dynamite.

58 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's akin to the guy who assured the Politburo that Germany wasn't going to invade the Soviet Union because the master strategist Stalin who had 5K of his generals murdered and so couldn't even defeat Finland had a non-aggression pact with Hitler.

Probably the best description of the surprise 1-hour Denver Airport Meeting to form a conference that I have ever read.  Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise football is far and away still the most valuable commodity not in the P5.  Not even a close second, including UCF.

:MWC Championship Game, 12/1:  Fresno State @Boise State, 1.036M, ESPN

AAC Championship Game, 12/1:  Memphis @UCF, 3.321M, ABC

1.036M / 3.321M = 31%

Boise State is the most valuable commodity in G4.

Fixed it.

1 hour ago, Tulsa Guy said:

1.036M / 3.321M = 31%

Fixed it.

You're still not very good at this TV ratings thing, are you?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Probably the best description of the surprise 1-hour Denver Airport Meeting to form a conference that I have ever read.  Thanks for sharing.

Your criticism of the MWC is lost on me since my opinion is it's almost as bad a conference as the one your school is in. The only time I even bother commenting on your posts is when you're fully talking out of your posterior.

And fess up. You didn't even have a clue what I was referring to until you checked Wikipedia.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

1.036M / 3.321M = 31%

Fixed it.

How is ABC vs ESPN an apples to apples comparison? Anyone in America with an antenna can pick up ABC

3 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Dude, that was over two decades ago. Move on. 

11 hours ago, 307dude said:

Dude, that was over two decades ago. Move on. 

Past is prologue.  The decisions arrived at in a one-hour meeting and the use of panic and fear to stampede others also does not allow a full discussion of those issues that affect the future and their possible consequences.  For MWC, that one-hour Denver Airport meeting will forever determine MWC's present and future condition.  That one-hour Denver Airport meeting is as relevant today as it was yesterday, if not more so. 

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

C'mon, why do you have to disrespect BYU like that. 

/s

1 hour ago, Tulsa Guy said:

Past is prologue.  The decisions arrived at in a one-hour meeting and the use of panic and fear to stampede others also does not allow a full discussion of those issues that affect the future and their possible consequences.  For MWC, that one-hour Denver Airport meeting will forever determine MWC's present and future condition.  That one-hour Denver Airport meeting is as relevant today as it was yesterday, if not more so. 

Dude if you ain't Tallgrass's ghost then you hung out with the guy waaaaaaaaay too +++++ing long.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

3 hours ago, Tulsa Guy said:

The bitterness about being left behind runs deep with this one. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

If its a question of money, I know Mark Zuckerberg has the money.

Rename the Boise Potato Bowl the Facebook Bowl.

It'd be great synergy since the primary color of Facebook is blue.

Paying the Mountain West shouldn't be a problem. Zuckerberg could double the MWC's wages and it would be a rounding error.

Balzac Out

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1024701767492165632

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Blue voodoo said:

What has Memphis ever done in football?what have they ever brought the table?I think nothing move along. 

Haven’t they been pretty good the last several years?

11 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Dude if you ain't Tallgrass's ghost then you hung out with the guy waaaaaaaaay too +++++ing long.

tallgrass died?

Posted Image