Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

47 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Not enough speed or athleticism for the MWC, IMO.

Maybe so, but wasn’t he out of shape and injured before the season. Probably never caught up and probably should’ve been redshirted imo. 

He’s a shooter and we need shooters in this new offense. I was watching on YouTube TJO explain the “side action” play he runs and could see Woodbury be a valuable piece of the offense with the kick outs from the driving player like Hardy and Hardy will be very successful in it. 

Biggest need for TJO is getting a point guard, somebody to replace Clyburn, and a better bench. Trim the fat off the roster, 3-4 guys need to hit the road.   

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Maybe so, but wasn’t he out of shape and injured before the season. Probably never caught up and probably should’ve been redshirted imo. 

He’s a shooter and we need shooters in this new offense. I was watching on YouTube TJO explain the “side action” play he runs and could see Woodbury be a valuable piece of the offense with the kick outs from the driving player like Hardy and Hardy will be very successful in it. 

Biggest need for TJO is getting a point guard, somebody to replace Clyburn, and a better bench. Trim the fat off the roster, 3-4 guys need to hit the road.   

Woodbury lost his senior season of HS due to a snit with the coach...........then had a knee injury of some sort in pre-season - Not sure he ever really got his game going .........a red shirt might have been better for him than burning a year like he did 

I'm believing that most players stay. No reason for that except the fact that these guys are all have good character from what I've seen. They have conducted themselves with some maturity beyond their years so far. There may be a few of the seniors concerned with their last opportunity in college ball to make a splash before moving onto to possible pro careers. Either way I see the clock ticking to make a decision over the next week or so. 

If they all ended up staying I would probably see Otz going after a few guards to replace the 2 guys that never came here. I've always been bullish on this team, just not the past leadership. This change could really be a jump forward if this core remained. Our seniors might even get more attention here if this team did something special. We would get even more publicity just from the fact of not being mediocre and bland. Someone might even call us Runnin' Rebels for a reason.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Its basketball, not track and field.

Yes, but you can't be a slow stiff. MWC isn't the most elite conference in college basketball, but it's not the Summit League.

With that said, I think he could be a solid four-year player here. Not a starter, but a solid shooter and ball handler off the bench.

It's probably down to a week or so now before coach Otz needs to start making moves to put together his roster. At that point the players would have had around 2 weeks to have thought about their futures. Everyone will still be on scholarship until the end of the semester but as decisions are made for new players to fill the roster vacancies some of those schoolies will start to be withdrawn for next year. I would think that this would be a top down process.

Right now 2 openings for sure from the graduating seniors. Maybe 1 from Juice and 1 from Ntambwe. 4 probable openings with maybe 1 going to Blair.

Tick tock....