Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

3 minutes ago, qwelish said:

So do the 11 wins now count as loses?

What is your point?

He won the games. 

Do you expect Totz to win 11 games vs the same conference?

The team didn’t improve last year is my point. You are making nonsensical arguments now. 

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I clarified.

After you couldn’t back up what you said and tried to save face claiming he was talking about the process.  

In reality, we all saw you do a major face plant. 

14 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

After you couldn’t back up what you said and tried to save face claiming he was talking about the process.  

In reality, we all saw you do a major face plant. 

The spirit of what you were saying is that he did not bring up the scenario of why he thought they did not sign him. 

He did that. 

He did not use the term, but he said that he thought they backed off because they thought he'd be 19, not 20. Then he gave an example.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I think you guys might be getting a surprise commit shortly in David Jenkins who was a heavy lean for us but apparently we may be landing someone really big and didn’t want to run the risk of losing him because we signed Jenkins instead. The rumor is we may be getting Deishen Nix and having him re-classify to 2019.

Where is the “process” or transfer waiver discussed here? It wasn’t.  

17 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I told you 100% what happened; Gilder and Jenkins visited on the same weekend supposedly they both committed because we thought they would both be eligible for 2019 and when it turned out that Jenkins was only 2020, we backed off. Again, I could not care less if you don’t believe me

16 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Where does this nonsense that Gonzaga was hoping for a transfer waiver with Jenkins come from? Everyone knew he was going to sit out a year. 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Jenkins to Gonzaga on the condition he gets a transfer waiver was not mentioned prior to his commitment to UNLV.  Where in the world did you get that from? 

Here comes the face plant...

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Yes he did. 

You are 100% wrong.

As usual.

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Where do the words “Transfer Waiver” appear in this post? 

59 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Time for some light reading.

:rotflmfao:

10 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Where is the “process” or transfer waiver discussed here? It wasn’t.  

Here comes the face plant...

:rotflmfao:

Its not. If you were only talking about that one post, and not this entire post. My mistake. 

I misread it. Mybad

50 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

He’s still looking for the post before Jenkins commitment that shows that “transfer waiver” was discussed. 

94cf6c89fa2e4b63f9e678f402727b7e.gif

I think what actually happened is that Jenkins got to Spokane and said that they would have a hard time convincing him to not go to Vegas for his visit, so they ‘pulled’ his offer, lol. 

Thats my story. :P(As credible as some of these others..)

Article about UNLV basketball:

UNLV still has a brand to college basketball fans of a certain age. Las Vegas remains a destination in every sense of the word. Knowing that, what's been the biggest hurdle in this program's ability to stay nationally relevant over the last quarter-century?

Link: Chasing Ghosts

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think what actually happened is that Jenkins got to Spokane and said that they would have a hard time convincing him to not go to Vegas for his visit, so they ‘pulled’ his offer, lol. 

Certainly more plausible than transfer waiver excuse. 

Personally, I don’t think Jenkins connected with the Zags staff. Doesn't sound like they were on the same page. A rare goof for the Zags on the recruiting trail. 

20 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

lmao. 

Image result for spongebob meme mocking

I tHoUgHt I wAs GoInG tO gEt An ExTeNsIoN

That is honestly one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.  Been laughing at the thought for about 15 minutes!  

Poor Marv, thought he had an extension coming!!!!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

As crazy as that sounds it somehow just fits in to the story line of Marv’s tenure at UNLV. 

I expected him to get canned next year but I’m OK with how everything is turning out.

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

The thing is if you read what the idiot zag fan said was that Jenkins committed to the zags and then they found out he wasn't available for 2019 so they withdrew their offer.  What an arrogant bunch of priks those zag fans are.  They are like a bad case of herpes.

1 minute ago, Meister_Rebel said:

The thing is if you read what the idiot zag fan said was that Jenkins committed and then they found out he wasn't available for 2019 so they withdrew their offer.  What an arrogant bunch of priks those zag fans are.  They are like a bad case of herpes.

And I don’t buy for a second that Few did that. 

I was listening to cofield and ray brewer on the way home, they were talking about Jalen Hill’s recruitment. Brewer said Kevin Kruger was at Clark every time Hill turned around, every chance he could get. Much more so than the previous rebel staff. Kevin is the one that got Hill to Oklahoma. 

He also said though, that Preston Laird was that same type of recruiter, and could relate to the high school coaches around the valley better than MM,  but that Otz is doing extremely well in that regard so far.