Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

Woodbury leaving is strange.  He wanted to be at UNLV, probably more than any other player on the roster. Plus, he would be a good fit for Otz's system.  But it also doesn't make much sense forcing him out when there is alot of other dead weight on the roster that could be cleared.

I've stayed silent up until now but I think that it was a BRUTAL mistake letting Menzies go at this juncture.

Woodbury is the kind of guy that stays in a program 4 years and becomes a 'program guy'.

Ntambwe is a future pro.

Losing Josh Pierre-Louis was another blow. Menzies was bringing in good talent... but it was young.

Now you're replacing them with Moses Wood from Tulane??????

I'm not seeing it.

I don't see where UNLV benefitted in this transaction. The Rebs just tacked on more years until the program is respectable.

giphy.gif

The guy who continually made excuses about needing more time was Marv.

Also when it comes to Woodbury, his development last year was near nonexistent. I want to see him stay as well but that is his decision and he will decide what is in his best interests. Jumping to a conclusion that he is being forced out is all just speculation at this point.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/may/15/unlv-guard-trey-woodbury-begins-transfer-process/

1.6 PPG. Only a freshman but it’s not the same thing as trying to keep Hardy, Diong or even Hamilton for that matter. I would have liked to see how Trey could have been developed with a new staff but I expect his scholarship to be gone in a very short period of time.

If UNLV would have hired Mike Miller, instead of Burger, I guarantee you UNLV would be well on their way to Top 20 classes..

It would be night and day to what UNLV has done to this point, with Moses Wood, etc..

Memphis fans everywhere are toasting to UNLV. UNLV's coaching hire came at a crucial time.

Full steam ahead

giphy.gif

On 4/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, Ernie Baer said:

As for Wood, seems like the necessary stretch four for this system.  Not much of an interior game but has a decent face up game. He’ll have a year to sit out so the staff can work on developing him so hopefully by 20-21 he can at least be a pretty good contributor, role player.

Hopefully gets a bit stronger, although given the limited amount he played didn’t do bad in rebounding.  Tulane also had one of the worst shooting % in the country so there were plenty of opportunities for offensive boards.

Former LV Prospect so Slocum should have some good insight on him.  Remember his Dad David played for Reno back in the mid 80’s and was a journeyman NBA player.

How do UNLV fans imagine it looking like when it takes the court?

By the personnel, I don't envision it looking much like the Tark years.

Tarkanian seemed to focus a lot on the inner city kids.

Wood seems like a good kid. I'm looking forward to seeing this team fill the Thomas & Mack.

giphy2.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I didn't know KK was the first grad transfer.  Kind of cool that vegas got the first one.  And he's still probably one of the best. 

we took a lot of flak for it from some of our then conference mates, lol. "it's not fair"... :ph34r: (we all know who I'm talking about.)

8 hours ago, Balzac said:

I've stayed silent up until now but I think that it was a BRUTAL mistake letting Menzies go at this juncture.

Woodbury is the kind of guy that stays in a program 4 years and becomes a 'program guy'.

Ntambwe is a future pro.

Losing Josh Pierre-Louis was another blow. Menzies was bringing in good talent... but it was young.

I'm not seeing it.

I don't see where UNLV benefitted in this transaction. The Rebs just tacked on more years until the program is respectable.

Not many here are going to admit UNLV has gone backwards to date. No doubt the team UNLV puts on the floor so far is worse than what MM was going to have. Theres time for signings. Im hopeful.

UNLV can still end up better in 2019 and after than MM. TJ and staff have got to kill recruiting the 1st time. Trey entering the portal will be unpopular, unless theres a couple big signings.

The fire and hire was a rookie AD looking to build her resume after being stone walled from making a change with football. She was itching to make a move and jumped the shark a bit using ticket sales and slow progress as her cover.

Pretty sure Ntambwe was gone either way. I do think UNLV had a shot at Christian Brown. Add him to Ethan, JPL and UNLV is ranked. I doubt MM continues to recruit at that level and people pretended like his ceiling was capped, although none of us knows.

8 hours ago, Balzac said:

Ntambwe is a future pro.

I'm not seeing it.

There were many games where Trey could have been played but MM kept him on the bench.  His knee was healthy but, MM gave him no development time.  The same with Hamilton.  Both, those guys should have seen a lot more development time.  But MM chose the bench for them.  Could have been that Trey was a liability It's hard to tell when he rarely made it to the floor.  To me MM gave me little confidence in what plan he had day in and day out.  You can be pissed that MM was fired but there is no way you could convince me things were going to get better.  Thank you DRF for doing the right thing.

Jury is still out on Totz.  I'm just hoping for a better future.

22 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Not many here are going to admit UNLV has gone backwards to date. No doubt the team UNLV puts on the floor so far is worse than what MM was going to have. Theres time for signings. Im hopeful.

UNLV can still end up better in 2019 and after than MM. TJ and staff have got to kill recruiting the 1st time. Trey entering the portal will be unpopular, unless theres a couple big signings.

The fire and hire was a rookie AD looking to build her resume after being stone walled from making a change with football. She was itching to make a move and jumped the shark a bit using ticket sales and slow progress as her cover.

Pretty sure Ntambwe was gone either way. I do think UNLV had a shot at Christian Brown. Add him to Ethan, JPL and UNLV is ranked. I doubt MM continues to recruit at that level and people pretended like his ceiling was capped, although none of us knows.

There was no fan enthusiasm.  Fans progressively stopped going to games.  Ticket sales lagged.  You call it a cover.  I call it reality.  Thank you DRF for doing the right thing. 

29 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Here's what we do know:

1. You are Jeff Waddilove

2. You were hanging from MM's nuts a few short months ago

3. You pump the new coach up on your twitter account for clicks, I suppose. Here, under the qwelish disguise, you take your shots. You ever heard of a coward?

4. No, Menzies wasn't headed to a conference championship next year, although "nobody knows" anything, right? Except you, apparently

5. Most of your inside info comes from Rebel Net and you regurgitate it out as your own. The remainder from your buddy Joe Arrigo

6. Again, Jeff Waddilove

30 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

There were many games where Trey could have been played but MM kept him on the bench.  His knee was healthy but, MM gave him no development time.  The same with Hamilton.  Both, those guys should have seen a lot more development time.  But MM chose the bench for them.  Could have been that Trey was a liability It's hard to tell when he rarely made it to the floor.  To me MM gave me little confidence in what plan he had day in and day out.  You can be pissed that MM was fired but there is no way you could convince me things were going to get better.  Thank you DRF for doing the right thing.

Jury is still out on Totz.  I'm just hoping for a better future.

The jury hasn’t even been convened yet. Some want to indict him and there are those shaking a rope and ready to call for a lynch mob. Such is life of a sports fan in Las Vegas. 

Marv’s history and track record have already been rewritten. He’ll always have that 1 top 50 win against Reno. Season tickets for GCU have gone on sale though.

41 minutes ago, rebel_truth said:

Here's what we do know:

1. You are Jeff Waddilove

2. You were hanging from MM's nuts a few short months ago

3. You pump the new coach up on your twitter account for clicks, I suppose. Here, under the qwelish disguise, you take your shots. You ever heard of a coward?

4. No, Menzies wasn't headed to a conference championship next year, although "nobody knows" anything, right? Except you, apparently

5. Most of your inside info comes from Rebel Net and you regurgitate it out as your own. The remainder from your buddy Joe Arrigo

6. Again, Jeff Waddilove

Wrong about everything.

Quickdraws sock. 

Come with something new.

Crazy how brand new accounts pop up just to attack me but seem to have been following my posts so closely that they think they know who i am.

Losers at life.

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

There was no fan enthusiasm.  Fans progressively stopped going to games.  Ticket sales lagged.  You call it a cover.  I call it reality.  Thank you DRF for doing the right thing. 

Winning brings enthusiasm and UNLV was poised to win more than it is now.

It was a cover when she delivers TJ Otzelberger as the new coach to solve ticket sales, when most have no clue who he is.

We will see how much more full the T&M is if he doesnt win much this year. Maybe he does. Maybe he packs it with personality. We will see.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

Some want to indict him and there are those shaking a rope and ready to call for a lynch mob. 

Thats actually you and people like rebel_truth/Lie, rosegreen, vincevag and others. 

You know? People who root against the program because you dont like the coach.

People said MM wasnt wanted because he was a 3rd choice, but TJ is a 4th choice who most never heard of. Youre already pretending people pointing out the obvious are against the coach because you were.

Either youre admitting you were against the coach and program when you pointed undesirable things out, or youre admitting your statement is full of sh!t.

11 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Wrong about everything.

Quickdraws sock. 

Come with something new.

Crazy how brand new accounts pop up just to attack me but seem to have been following my posts so closely that they think they know who i am.

Losers at life.

Crazy how someone will use a bunch of different anonymous internet accounts and take varying views on each just so he can say he's "right" at the end of the day. That's what's really crazy

Pats himself on the back every day about how smart his anonymous internet personalities are. Then, he turns around and calls other people losers. That's rich!

There's no shame in being yourself, Jeff! Be loud! Be proud!

1 minute ago, rebel_truth said:

Crazy how someone will use a bunch of different anonymous internet accounts and take varying views on each just so he can say he's "right" at the end of the day. That's what's really crazy

Pats himself on the back every day about how smart his anonymous internet personalities are. Then, he turns around and calls other people losers. That's rich!

There's no shame in being yourself, Jeff! Be loud! Be proud!

Oh? Tell us more.