Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

1 minute ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Muss didn't give his son the time of day.  I doubt dear old dad has any issues supporting his son at UNLV.  I wouldn't be surprised to see dad in Rebel gear.

Some of us in Reno were surprised you guys recruited the kid.  We figured Big West or Big Sky.  It would be cool to have a father & son play for the Pack.  But honestly, the kid wouldn't have had much playing time here.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Some of us in Reno were surprised you guys recruited the kid.  We figured Big West or Big Sky.  It would be cool to have a father & son play for the Pack.  But honestly, the kid wouldn't have had much playing time here.  

The jury is still out on the kid.  But with the dead weight we've been carrying on our bench I think he would be a step up.  

6 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Muss didn't give his son the time of day.  I doubt dear old dad has any issues supporting his son at UNLV.  I wouldn't be surprised to see dad in Rebel gear.

But somebody please point out it's Scarlet and Gray.......every day.

His dad is an odd duck and Muss did give him a look. Dave Rice and Anthony Ruta were scouting at several of Wood's games that I saw; there's a reason he wasn't offered at Nevada, both last year and this year.

Muss did get the best prospect in N Nevada, Jalen Townsell, to walk on last year even though he had other D1 offers. 

47 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

The jury is still out on the kid.  But with the dead weight we've been carrying on our bench I think he would be a step up.  

I hope he makes it.  His dad is a really nice guy. 

Barack Obama

48 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

This. If your coach recruited the kid than he must see something. I don’t get the armchair recruiting service on this board. News flash - NONE of us has ever recruited. Period. 

I like how Nevada and UNLV have switched roles. Now the kids that don't get recruited by Nevada with a chip on their shoulder go to UNLV.

Adds some interest to the rivalry...

So with Mbacke one scholarship left.

No Mbacke leaves two. Also does Totz leave the open two for Mbacke and Ntambwe? Or does he move on and at what point?

Grill, Jenkins and Murphy suggest hes ready to part with them or others.

7 minutes ago, qwelish said:

So with Mbacke one scholarship left.

No Mbacke leaves two. Also does Totz leave the open two for Mbacke and Ntambwe? Or does he move on and at what point?

It sucks for a new coach to be kept in limbo like that.  

I'm guessing he just keeps recruiting and if he gets a guy he likes, one of those two may be gone whether they like it or not.  

That's what I'd do, anyway.  Give the kid a week or so to make up his mind and then move forward with him, or move on without him. 

Barack Obama

43 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

Think he is willing to over recruit some of the lesser guys if Jenkins, Grill, etc come calling.

So far Hardy and Hamilton are the best recruits.  If we can land Jenkins then yes we have to make room.  

I'm still trying to figure out how Dembele is going to fit in.  Beck and Blair need to get in fantastic shape.  Woodbury needs to turn it up a notch.  I just don't know what to think about Coupet, Green, Slankyvigian.  Those three got scholarships and their asses never saw the light of day.  Maybe Totz can salvage them I just don't know.  Totz knows what he is doing I guess.

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

So far Hardy and Hamilton are the best recruits.  If we can land Jenkins then yes we have to make room.  

I'm still trying to figure out how Dembele is going to fit in.  Beck and Blair need to get in fantastic shape.  Woodbury needs to turn it up a notch.  I just don't know what to think about Coupet, Green, Slankyvigian.  Those three got scholarships and their asses never saw the light of day.  Maybe Totz can salvage them I just don't know.  Totz knows what he is doing I guess.

Dembele and Coupet see a lot of bench. Green maybe better off the redshirt?

Blair plays because he shoots 3s. Wouldnt be shocked to see Totz play Blair and 4 guards. Right now Amauri, Trey, Bryce and Jonah all see the floor. Coleman will probably play too. Totz will definitely sign another guard.

Is Bangai still going to walk on? Is Mbacke coming back? If neither who starts at center, Dembele or Blair?

Qwelish Logic:

On 4/22/2019 at 7:07 AM, qwelish said:

Here are some things people are commenting about Ryan Murphy. 

He can shoot, but who can he guard? And can he play at the MW level?

Was hoping for more, but maybe this guy comes in and lights up D1. 

Idunno, doesnt seem like it.

ryan murp.PNG

"This kid looks like trash. Look what these random ppl had to say about him 1-3 years ago. 

7 hours ago, qwelish said:

Okay. He must be a player. Curious to see if Totz can land some of these recruiting wars head to head vs big boys like this. 

Oh wait, look at these schools recruiting him. He must be good. I want him now. "

Almost on par with PH logic.