Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

I don't know, I think he could grab some boards, on both ends. If Diong leaves I think we need him.

Yeah I don't get everyones "I don't think he fits Otz" notion.

Seems to me everyone thinks we're gonna have five 6'2 guards out there shooting 3's and playing zone 100% of the time.

Juiston fit that 5 spot more than anyone on this roster.

Didn't think he was coming back, but thought he would go for a P5 spot with some tourney aspirations.

Then again GCU returns Carlos Johnson (Aye UNLV connection) and majority of that roster. Adding Juiston would immediately put them as co-favorites alongside NMSU and have a good shot at the auto-bid.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Yeah I don't get everyones "I don't think he fits Otz" notion.

Seems to me everyone thinks we're gonna have five 6'2 guards out there shooting 3's and playing zone 100% of the time.

Juiston fit that 5 spot more than anyone on this roster.

Didn't think he was coming back, but thought he would go for a P5 spot with some tourney aspirations.

Then again GCU returns Carlos Johnson (Aye UNLV connection) and majority of that roster. Adding Juiston would immediately put them as co-favorites alongside NMSU and have a good shot at the auto-bid.

And they usually schedule well and they have a hot young coach in their conference in Rio Grande 👀!!!! They may get a. Autobid our the league next season... man they are looking good. 🤔 

Still think it'd be good for UNLV to have a guy who could bang the boards and get the put back points from all the 3's JTO's offense will supposedly fire up 

Juiston & JTT fit that mold - Doing has the added effect of being a shot blocker / alterer in the paint 

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Shocking you have no understanding of why he would go there. 

Who cares if Menzies went there?  It's a low profile program.  If he wants to play professionally, he should go to a P5 program.  Iowa State would take him this time around.  I think even Kansas would want him this year.

Having Hamilton and Hardy back was huge. With Jonah coming in that will be our backcourt. Hopefully Diong stays like people indicate and just need a power forward. We will most likely not win the conference, but we will be competitive.

Its been quiet but there will be roster movement. The quality and type of additions could still determine what sort of season the Rebs have.

If you look at the 2019 targets, theyre almost all guards. There looks like an improvement in the level of athlete being targeted in the last week. Cant rule out a big time wing / big f signing. 

With all the transfers, late signees and jc's, I will be disappointed if there isnt an impact signing, but not too much. 

Can't embed texts for some reason.

Iu81nQb7_x96.jpg
Will have to sit out next season then have three years to play. Wood scored 4.5 points per game as a freshman at Tulane. He shot 37% from three, but only took 51 last year.
Quote Tweet

_3s-O1Z-_normal.jpg
RGJ preps

@RGJpreps
· 9h
Galena grad Moses Wood will transfer to UNLV from Tulane.

1 hour ago, RebelTexan said:

Can't embed texts for some reason.

Iu81nQb7_x96.jpg
Will have to sit out next season then have three years to play. Wood scored 4.5 points per game as a freshman at Tulane. He shot 37% from three, but only took 51 last year.
Quote Tweet

_3s-O1Z-_normal.jpg
RGJ preps

@RGJpreps
· 9h
Galena grad Moses Wood will transfer to UNLV from Tulane.

TJO loading up on shooters, he’s 6’8.  Only seen limited tape on him but anyone know if he has an inside game? 

Are we finally at a point of filling the last 2 scholarships and just moving on past the guys in the portal. I don’t feel any sense of loyalty to guys that no longer want to be Rebels unless we are their last best option. Out of the remaking guys I’d like to see Diong recommit but it seems that the others just want to leave anyway. 

2 spots remaining so get Diong and maybe Grill and just move on.

35 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Good article.  It's great that the kid saw an average of 18 minutes per game as a freshman in D1 basketball.  He will be solid as a practice squad player while he red shirts.  Hope to see him make a contribution year two.