Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

Haven't confirmed it. But I read JTT and Mbacke are on an official to Grand Canyon. It was on Instagram and I don't have an account. Maybe some one can check. If so, that's not good news and Dembele might end up playing major minutes. 

4 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

Haven't confirmed it. But I read JTT and Mbacke are on an official to Grand Canyon. It was on Instagram and I don't have an account. Maybe some one can check. If so, that's not good news and Dembele might end up playing major minutes. 

I'd rather have JTT back over Dembele - JTT isn't an offensive weapon, but he's a big body who can get rebounds & eat up space in the lane 

Diong same thing - He's a shot changer in the lane 

6'2   G Amauri Hardy
6'3   G Marvin Coleman ■
6'4   G Trey Woodbury
6'4   G Bryce Hamilton
6'5   G Jonah Antonio
6'5   F Nick Blair
6'6   F Jay Green ●
6'7   F Ben Coupet ●
6'7   F Tervell Beck
6'10 C Luis Bangai ●■
6'10 C Djordjie Slovancanin
6'11 C Cheickna Dembele
6'11 C M'backe Diong

Unless I left someone out, thats 11 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. That leaves 2 scholarships to be filled.

Its going to be interesting to see who Totz decides to lean on. My sleepers for heavy minutes are Tervell Beck and Jay Green coming off the redshirt.

Unless theres another signing, the success of the season is going to come down to how fast Bryce and Trey acclimate and start to impact the games. Totz will be perfect for both guys development because he instills confidence and thats what they both need most.

1 hour ago, PrimeReb said:

Dembele will play major minutes on the bench.  

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

JTT was already confirmed to Nebraska with Ntambwe.

Diong I believe has already removed his name from the transfer portal.

Confirmed by who? They only visited Nebraska.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

If the season started today I think Totz would start

- Amauri, Trey, Jonah, Beck, Blair

Maybe even

- Amauri, Trey, Jonah, Green, Blair

He's going to go super small. Totz will like Beck because he's a face up big. 

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

If the season started today I think Totz would start

- Amauri, Trey, Jonah, Beck, Blair

Maybe even

- Amauri, Trey, Jonah, Green, Blair

He's going to go super small. Totz will like Beck because he's a face up big. 

Is Djorgie coming back?  The funny thing is he might be the one center who fits Otz's offense the most.  

Just now, RebelTexan said:

Is Djorgie coming back?  The funny thing is he might be the one center who fits Otz's offense the most.  

To me Djordjie looks better than the guy from Drexel. So I could see it. 

If Mbacke and Bangai leave its really going to be thin up front.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Also, Djordjie coming off a pretty major knee injury, no?

Yeah, he might be done because of that, but if he can return, he would be better than Dembele in Otz's offfense.  He didn't play a lick of defense at UNLV, but he scored 15 points vs NAU a couple years ago and went 3 of 4 from 3 pt range in his limited playing time.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Juiston visiting GCU today. I'm kinda surprised by that, but I guess I shouldn't be.

I might be in the minority here, but I hope Juice moves on. I really like him, but he would be a fish out of water in Otz’s system. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I might be in the minority here, but I hope Juice moves on. I really like him, but he would be a fish out of water in Otz’s system. 

I don't know, I think he could grab some boards, on both ends. If Diong leaves I think we need him.