Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Guys with numbers are playing this coming season (correct?) :hmmm: Has to be a few names missing or will become eligible (I hope) like E M-L & Shibel, but still a ways to go from this band-aid roster 

Guys without numbers sitting out 2019/20 season ??

Even if this was the active roster, I have a hard time seeing this bunch getting better than a .500 record at best this coming season, even with adding a few more bodies to the active roster 

Best thing about the upcoming season is that TJO & DRF did get better non-conference opponents which might bring out some curious fans and if there's any wins it's bonus next year 

TJO gets one season to bridge the gap DRF created, and his 2020/21 season is the one where he better show results as per the opinion of DRF who said the program was ready to win right away 

Don't take the above as negative towards TJO, but realistically he has been handed another mess like Menzies was handed but it seems (at least visually & activity wise) that TJO could bring the program back much faster than the pedestrian pace Menzies was on but as with anything that remains to be seen and proven.......but one selling point TJO has is that with this roster there's lots of opportunities for recruits to come in and make immediate impacts over the next 2 to 4 years

# FULL NAME POS. HT. WT. YR. EXP. HOMETOWN PREVIOUS SCHOOL
0 Jay Green Guard 6-5 200 So. 1L-RS Sydney, Australia Hillcrest Prep
3 Amauri Hardy Guard 6-2 190 Jr. 2L Detroit, Mich. North Farmington HS
13 Bryce Hamilton Guard 6-4 200 So. 1L Pasadena, Calif. Pasadena HS
15 Cheickna Dembele Forward 6-11 245 Jr. 2L-RS Banamba, Mali Scotland Performance Institute
20 Nick Blair Forward 6-5 215 Sr. RS-TR-1L Las Vegas, Nev. Idaho
31 Marvin Coleman Guard 6-2 180 So. 1L Las Vegas, Nev. Foothill HS
34 Cheikh Mbacke Diong Forward 6-11 220 Jr. 2L Dakar, Senegal Florida Prep
  Jonah Antonio G 6-5   Jr.   Perth, Australia South Plains College
  David Jenkins Jr. G 6-2   Jr.   Tacoma, Washington South Dakota State
  Elijah Mitrou-Long G 6-1   Sr.   Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Texas
  Vitaliy Shibel F 6-9   Jr.   Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine Arizona State
  Moses Wood F 6-8   So.   Reno, Nevada Tulane

Antonio, Long, and Shibel will play this year.  Long and Shibel are finishing up their degree and haven't enrolled at UNLV just yet.  Antonio is playing for Italy in those euro games in a couple of weeks so maybe he hasn't arrived to campus yet.  :shrug:  They won't get numbers until they are here I'm guessing.  Jenkins and Wood are sitting a year.

This team is much better than the one MM had his first year.

17 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Antonio, Long, and Shibel will play this year.  Long and Shibel are finishing up their degree and haven't enrolled at UNLV just yet.  Antonio is playing for Italy in those euro games in a couple of weeks so maybe he hasn't arrived to campus yet.  :shrug:  They won't get numbers until they are here I'm guessing.  Jenkins and Wood are sitting a year.

This team is much better than the one MM had his first year.

Not sure I'd go with "much" better - there's Hardy & a bunch of question marks especially at the forward & center spots.

Hamilton will need to step up big time from what he's shown and i'm still wanting to see what Shibel brings which is hopefully more than his 1.3 ppg from ASU 

I could see UNLV being ok to average at the guard positions but up font it could be an absolute disaster, especially if there's an off shooting night from the arc.

Menzies cobbled together bunch won 11 games..........as of right now & with an improved schedule 15 wins would be a good season for this roster - I hope it's better but a lower half MWC finish is what I'm expecting, anything above 6th place will be more than I'm expecting 

I do think the overall roster is weak enough that pretty much every player should see the court...........will be interesting to see if TJo just basically surrenders the paint and the team will live or die on bombing away from 3 and spreading the court as much as possible even to get back door cuts - Diong & Dembele are 10 fouls to give inside, not sure where Shibel fits in that mix or if he's going to be a court extender to draw other big's out of the paint 

Shibel has played 49 games & started 22 in his ASU career but has only played 383 minutes which is under 8 mins per game and that's with 22 starts :unsure:  but when he had 73 fouls and 59 points (last season) I guess he's not in there long - But he did take 44 shots from the arc compared to 11 from inside the arc..........If UNLV gets similar stats, he's not going to help much 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Apparently that last scholarship has been filled? Supposedly announcement coming soon. 

Speculation that it may be Tillman or even Juice. 

Good - Really hope it's someone who can play interior or be a solid swingman like 6-7+ in height with some rebounding skills and range 

Elijah Mitrou-Long

Started his career at Mount St Mary's then 1 year at Texas.........played 36 games starting 9 with 645 minutes for 17.9 mpg played ........was 33-103 from the arc (32%)...avg'd 5.6 ppg & 2,7 assists..........another transfer who's going to really have to step it up to have an impact offensively 

The 645 minutes he played at Texas last season was less than the 687 & 1239 he played at Mt St Mary's the prior two seasons 

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Apparently that last scholarship has been filled? Supposedly announcement coming soon. 

Speculation that it may be Tillman or even Juice. 

Juice, really?  That would be a surprise.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

well this makes no sense.. the kid's leaving Utah because his mother is sick, and she's in vegas...

The kid sounds confused.  Why not just put your name in the transfer portal with no mention of his mother being sick and then move on.  Maybe it's a maturity issue.  Whatever it is I don't care where he ends up.

Projected 2020-21 UNLV Roster

G | Amauri Hardy

G | Jay Green

G | Jonah Antonio

G | David Jenkins

G | Bryce Hamilton

G | Marvin Coleman

G | Nick Blake

G | Isaac Lindsey

F | Cheickna Dembele

F  | Mbacke Diong

F  | Moses Wood