Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The 2020 class is going to basically be locals.  We already have Blake.  I think Martinez will follow shortly.  I think Wilkinson will commit in a few months from now.

He's sending a message..

It makes perfect sense if you think about priorities and the main reason that Marv was let go...money. By that I mean the lack of money coming into the program whether it is through ticket sales or donations. Attendance has been abysmal and getting worse for the past few years. Almost the entire community has abandoned the program. 

What better way to start attempting to turn it around than through having local kids leading the rebuild. Family, friends and locals that have heard about or seen these kids play in high school will start a buzz to come out to see a game. Combine that with the community blitz that Otz, the staff and team have been putting out over these past few weeks and it is all community generated. 

While the program will need to build a record of success it will also need the support of the community, especially butts in the seats to get there. It appears to me that maybe, finally someone with a little basic business sense has put together a plan on how to build a program. We certainly haven’t seen that in decades.

Here’s to hoping.:cheers:

Guys with numbers are playing this coming season (correct?) :hmmm: Has to be a few names missing or will become eligible (I hope) like E M-L & Shibel, but still a ways to go from this band-aid roster 

Guys without numbers sitting out 2019/20 season ??

Even if this was the active roster, I have a hard time seeing this bunch getting better than a .500 record at best this coming season, even with adding a few more bodies to the active roster 

Best thing about the upcoming season is that TJO & DRF did get better non-conference opponents which might bring out some curious fans and if there's any wins it's bonus next year 

TJO gets one season to bridge the gap DRF created, and his 2020/21 season is the one where he better show results as per the opinion of DRF who said the program was ready to win right away 

Don't take the above as negative towards TJO, but realistically he has been handed another mess like Menzies was handed but it seems (at least visually & activity wise) that TJO could bring the program back much faster than the pedestrian pace Menzies was on but as with anything that remains to be seen and proven.......but one selling point TJO has is that with this roster there's lots of opportunities for recruits to come in and make immediate impacts over the next 2 to 4 years

# FULL NAME POS. HT. WT. YR. EXP. HOMETOWN PREVIOUS SCHOOL
0 Jay Green Guard 6-5 200 So. 1L-RS Sydney, Australia Hillcrest Prep
3 Amauri Hardy Guard 6-2 190 Jr. 2L Detroit, Mich. North Farmington HS
13 Bryce Hamilton Guard 6-4 200 So. 1L Pasadena, Calif. Pasadena HS
15 Cheickna Dembele Forward 6-11 245 Jr. 2L-RS Banamba, Mali Scotland Performance Institute
20 Nick Blair Forward 6-5 215 Sr. RS-TR-1L Las Vegas, Nev. Idaho
31 Marvin Coleman Guard 6-2 180 So. 1L Las Vegas, Nev. Foothill HS
34 Cheikh Mbacke Diong Forward 6-11 220 Jr. 2L Dakar, Senegal Florida Prep
  Jonah Antonio G 6-5   Jr.   Perth, Australia South Plains College
  David Jenkins Jr. G 6-2   Jr.   Tacoma, Washington South Dakota State
  Elijah Mitrou-Long G 6-1   Sr.   Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Texas
  Vitaliy Shibel F 6-9   Jr.   Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine Arizona State
  Moses Wood F 6-8   So.   Reno, Nevada Tulane