Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I was listening to cofield and ray brewer on the way home, they were talking about Jalen Hill’s recruitment. Brewer said Kevin Kruger was at Clark every time Hill turned around, every chance he could get. Much more so than the previous rebel staff. Kevin is the one that got Hill to Oklahoma. 

He also said though, that Preston Laird was that same type of recruiter, and could relate to the high school coaches around the valley better than MM,  but that Otz is doing extremely well in that regard so far. 

Where will Preston Laird be coaching next year?

5 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

lmao. 

Image result for spongebob meme mocking

I tHoUgHt I wAs GoInG tO gEt An ExTeNsIoN

Holy crap. You have got to be shitting me? That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. :rotflmfao:

How’s that possible when he was asked about Pitino several times? 

34 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Holy crap. You have got to be shitting me? That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. :rotflmfao:

How’s that possible when he was asked about Pitino several times? 

He doubted Pitino would stab him in the back.  He never thought his job was on the line.  Just like Q was blind sided.  lol.

I show 13 scholarship players as of now. The list is in the 1st post of this thread. The fact that a scholarship was offered to a walk on leads me to believe that this squad is locked in.

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Seems odd the announcement came from the Prospects and not  UNLV.  

Maybe the paperwork hasn’t been processed yet. 

Coleman isn’t a bad idea for the last schollie. He played some last year, he has terrific leadership qualities and is fully onboard with TJO recruiting heavily in local gyms. 

3 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Maybe the paperwork hasn’t been processed yet. 

Coleman isn’t a bad idea for the last schollie. He played some last year, he has terrific leadership qualities and is fully onboard with TJO recruiting heavily in local gyms. 

If giving Coleman a scholly helps with local recruiting then what's up with Woodbury possibly transferring ?!?! Sort of a push in that regard 

56 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

If giving Coleman a scholly helps with local recruiting then what's up with Woodbury possibly transferring ?!?! Sort of a push in that regard 

I think Woodbury transferring was that he wasn’t on the same page with TJO recruiting so many guards. 

4 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I think Woodbury transferring was that he wasn’t on the same page with TJO recruiting so many guards. 

Just seems like an odd trade out player wise - Woodbury was supposedly a shooter coming out of Clark HS I thought :shrug:

Or.....maybe Woodbury has issues with certain coaches - He basically missed his senior year of HS due to a snit with the coach :hmmm:

22 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Just seems like an odd trade out player wise - Woodbury was supposedly a shooter coming out of Clark HS I thought :shrug:

Or.....maybe Woodbury has issues with certain coaches - He basically missed his senior year of HS due to a snit with the coach :hmmm:

Woodbury was terrible at the one thing he was supposed to be good at, brick city.  He couldn't defend a lick either, so unathletic.  Coleman at least was serviceable and deserves the schollie.  Good for him.

Just maybe Woodbury made his Own decision for his own reasons. There certainly has been a bunch of shooters recruited this past month but that was essential to run the type of offense that we expect to see. Otz will probably need 3-5 solid shooting guards to handle the floor and bench. I wish Trey the best. 

Marvin Coleman hardly saw the floor last year. That was a decision made by the former coach and doesn’t necessarily mean that he is incapable of being a solid contributor. I’m excited to see what this staff can do to develop players, especially the returners.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

I don’t know Woodbury, he may have let that 4* rating go to his head, happens to a lot of players. 

I’m sure he’s a good dude, just wasn’t on the same page with TJO recruiting so many guards and shooters.