Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:11 AM, thespywhozaggedme said:

I think you guys might be getting a surprise commit shortly in David Jenkins who was a heavy lean for us but apparently we may be landing someone really big and didn’t want to run the risk of losing him because we signed Jenkins instead. The rumor is we may be getting Deishen Nix and having him re-classify to 2019.

Told ya

17 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Told ya

8 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Did you land your big?  We got the guy we wanted.

I have heard Nix is now warming up to UNLV. 

I like the Jenkins get. Not bad, but again, the summit is among the worst conferences in the nation. I hope his game translates.

I always get nervous because UNLV has had the worst luck with shooters transferring in. 

Except with Kruger. He could pick a shooter. Im seeing some similarities to Kruger with the way the roster is setting up. 

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Yes you did. Whats going on with Daishen? Havent heard any news with him.

Hearing a lot of conflicting reports with him, may be reclassified to 2019, may be a 2020. But it looks like Derryck Thorton formerly of Duke and USC will be signing with us next week. Not a fan of his at all, can’t shoot and can’t drive to the rim to save his life; possibly the most overrated five-star high school player ever. Oh well.But the reason we soured on Jenkins is that we wanted him for 19 and it looks like it won’t be until 2020, at least with us it would not have been that would’ve blocked some very high profile recruits potentially coming in.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

I like the Jenkins get. Not bad, but again, the summit is among the worst conferences in the nation. I hope his game translates.

I always get nervous because UNLV has had the worst luck with shooters transferring in. 

Except with Kruger. He could pick a shooter. Im seeing some similarities to Kruger with the way the roster is setting up. 

Matt Mooney, the best grad transfer in college basketball last year that led Texas Tech to the national championship game transferred  from the summit league and had better numbers at Texas Tech than he did at South Dakota.

59 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Matt Mooney, the best grad transfer in college basketball last year that led Texas Tech to the national championship game transferred  from the summit league and had better numbers at Texas Tech than he did at South Dakota.

Among the 276 D-I players who attempted at least 200 jump shots last year, David Jenkins ranked first in the nation by making 47.7 percent. He ranked third in efficiency, averaging 1.298 points per possession on those plays. He's got a strong case for best shooter in the country.

From Mike Grimala

Also it's one thing if most of these others don't pan out. Gonzaga, Oregon and others weren't recruiting Jonah Antonio, Moses Wood and Elijah whatever...

They were recruiting Jenkins. Dude went from zero to baller at SDST. I'm not worried about him in MWC territory.

All is well, For Rice is gone.