Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

35 minutes ago, qwelish said:

You can only play the league youre in. Nothing MM could do about the league being good or bad, but there was not a huge difference in league rating from the Rice years and no top 10 teams back then. So the league argument holds no weight no matter how many times you make it. If it was bad each year and he improved each year, then MM gets credit. But you guys hate the guy so much personally that you would rather see the program be worse than give the guy credit and that has hurt the program.

You got what you wanted and the league is weak. So Totz should win it this year, right? Since hes such a superior coach. 

People arent even confident at this point. Its just, lets see how he fills the roster out. Maybe Ntambwe will come back. Maybe 6' grad transfers who avg 5ppg will light up the mwc, right? Sure.

The league was the weakest it’s ever been, I already pointed out the winning percentages of the teams MM beat in conference. The non conference schedule wasn’t much better either.  It’s been rehashed so many times and the record wasn’t impressive. 

Who knows what the season will bring or how the roster shakes out but I do know that TJO is bringing the energy and making the effort to turn things around not only in the court but in the community. Something that was severely lacking from the previous staff. 

48 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

The league was the weakest it’s ever been, I already pointed out the winning percentages of the teams MM beat in conference. The non conference schedule wasn’t much better either.  It’s been rehashed so many times and the record wasn’t impressive. 

Who knows what the season will bring or how the roster shakes out but I do know that TJO is bringing the energy and making the effort to turn things around not only in the court but in the community. Something that was severely lacking from the previous staff. 

Rehashed by the peanut gallery and your many erroneous statements and conclusions. 

Remember you all said there was plenty of talent on this years team and MM was just a terrible coach. Now youre happy players are leaving and Totz is bringing talent. Which one is it?

I dont care about the community. Winning brings the community. What do I care if Vegas packs the Mack to watch .500 basketball? More ridiculous conclusions by you.

It doesnt matter if you were impressed or not. It was expected with all the new players and starters that it would take time this year. The team improved over the year and finished stronger in conference than it has in many years. Ive posted the conference rpi #s a dozen times. The mwc is only slightly worse than it was under Rice and he never sniffed 11 mwc wins. 

Blaming MM for the sos in the mwc is a lame non-point. He cant do anything about that.

UNLV had a solid roster coming back from last year with two promising recruits at the guard position.  I think they would have been top 3 in the MW with Nevada or another top team taking a little drop.  Marvin wasn't given a fair chance in my IMHO.  If Juiston doesn't get hurt this year, they probably win 20 games.  I get the schedule wasn't murders row, but given the situation he inherited, the expected results are a bit unrealistic.  However, I do understand for some reason he was never a fit for the Rebs.

The TJO hire so far isn't looking any better than Marv.  However, I don't think Marv was a bad hire.  There is still a long way to go before rosters are finalized and hopefully he can get the kids in the portal to recommit.  Given the change, I would expect the new coach to be able to make a splash and I haven't seen that yet.

Just my 2 cents.

No just more of the same. Somebody must have hit the reset button because we have gone right back to where we were. Q is proving once again to everybody that he is right about everything all of the time. We can all do that also by responding to every post, insulting every person that doesn’t agree with you, givie us a scouting report on every player linked to UNLV no matter however remotely and revising history from the distant past of just a few months ago.

Not to worry though because it will all change on a game by game or day by day basis once the season starts in .... 5 months. Q, maybe it’s time for you to start the “Does Otzelberger Have What It Takes” thread? I’ll wait to answer the poll until after the 1st 5 games of conference play of his 3rd year.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

No just more of the same. Somebody must have hit the reset button because we have gone right back to where we were. Q is proving once again to everybody that he is right about everything all of the time. We can all do that also by responding to every post, insulting every person that doesn’t agree with you, givie us a scouting report on every player linked to UNLV no matter however remotely and revising history from the distant past of just a few months ago.

Not to worry though because it will all change on a game by game or day by day basis once the season starts in .... 5 months. Q, maybe it’s time for you to start the “Does Otzelberger Have What It Takes” thread? I’ll wait to answer the poll until after the 1st 5 games of conference play of his 3rd year.

Q,,, lol.

Q-Tips-q-star-trek-11220978-676-572.jpg

Lul. Qwelish was just slobbing on MM's nuts at the beginning of his 3rd season, but can't give Otzelberger 3 months to start jumping all over him. Dude is just mad that Mediocre Marv is gone. 

"We missed out on a recruit!"

Image result for the sky is falling gif

By the way, where has ph been? Or is he primarily posting on his sock account, qwelish?

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Once again the pot calling the kettle black. The guy who does the most insulting calling me out for supposedly insulting people.

But who exactly did I insult that did not first insult me? 

If you dont like me giving my opinion, tough. Go cry in the car some more. 

You make a poll and vote in it right away so you can claim to be right, but im the know it all? 

If I rolled my eyes any harder id fall asleep.

48 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Lul. Qwelish was just slobbing on MM's nuts at the beginning of his 3rd season, but can't give Otzelberger 3 months to start jumping all over him. Dude is just mad that Mediocre Marv is gone. 

"We missed out on a recruit!"

Image result for the sky is falling gif

By the way, where has ph been? Or is he primarily posting on his sock account, qwelish?

Trying way too hard. You were saving up for this one too. Had it all laid out like your clothes 1st day of school.

Still upset about getting absolutely roasted the other day?

E for effort!

Im not all over Otzelberger. Im not against Otzelberger. I like Otzelberger more than MM!

Recruiting is not over and the roster is uncertain. I get it.

All im saying is Totz is not the name or resume we were promised. Totz is a 3rd choice just like MM. 

The roster has gone from stable with continuity, to uncertain at the current moment with a bunch of new faces. 

I didnt say MM wasnt mediocre. I didnt say Totz cant coach or recruit. 

Once again just stating facts gets you attacked around here. 

11 hours ago, qwelish said:

Rehashed by the peanut gallery and your many erroneous statements and conclusions. 

Remember you all said there was plenty of talent on this years team and MM was just a terrible coach. Now youre happy players are leaving and Totz is bringing talent. Which one is it?

I dont care about the community. Winning brings the community. What do I care if Vegas packs the Mack to watch .500 basketball? More ridiculous conclusions by you.

It doesnt matter if you were impressed or not. It was expected with all the new players and starters that it would take time this year. The team improved over the year and finished stronger in conference than it has in many years. Ive posted the conference rpi #s a dozen times. The mwc is only slightly worse than it was under Rice and he never sniffed 11 mwc wins. 

Blaming MM for the sos in the mwc is a lame non-point. He cant do anything about that.

The stats have already been provided a number of times with the teams the MM beat. Feel free to list the number of impressive wins in conference by MM last year and in non con. 

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

The stats have already been provided a number of times with the teams the MM beat. Feel free to list the number of impressive wins in conference by MM last year and in non con. 

Youre the only one talking about the strength of schedule. It is well established that the mwc was bad and MM only beat bad to mediocre teams.

My point is that it is irrelevant.

Beating those bad teams only establishes that he actually improved the program, because he lost to those teams in previous years. Also, those teams got worse and UNLV continually got better. 

He was doing his job although at a slow rate and in the most mediocre way possible.

50 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I do t think the roster will be as bad as people make it out to be.  Give Otzelberger a chance for next year and to recruit.

How am I not giving Totz a chance? I just said I like him! I dont think anyone has a full view of what the roster will look like at this point. 

2019 is looking like a learning and building year for 2020 right now. The team needs a huge impact signing or Ntambwe and Diong to return to be as good as what was returning already.  Any objective person can see that.

The current roster is made up of the back end of MM front court lineup and sit out transfers. Im not saying Totz cant coach or recruit.

Im only talking about right now.

6 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

So no impressive wins to list from the 11 wins in MWC play? Noted. How about non-con? 

Is 11 an improvement on the mwc win total over any point in the previous 7 seasons? Will UNLV win 11 mwc games this year?

How does any of that make Totz a big name or improve his resume? 

It doesnt.

Youre way off topic trying to make some point thats irrelevant. And of course you wont answer directly or without making biased excuses.