Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Not sure why anyone would panic at this point, we have no idea what the roster is going to look like next year.  And since Ntambwe wasn’t invited to the combine or G league thingy he might decide he doesn’t want to take two more years to get to the NBA and might come back for one rather than transfer and wait two. If he comes back maybe one or two others come back as well. And if not, ok, 

But before he lands any big time recruits I think they are going to want to see if he actually plays the type of basketball he says he will. It just makes sense. 

Everything you said is why. We already knew mostly what the roster was going to look like. Now we really dont know.

Also, if Totz signs Wood, Jenkins & Mitrou-Long, thats three players sitting out and means whats on roster now is the roster for 2019.

Thats a cause for panic because that means rebuild. Ntambwe is not coming back. If he wasnt entertaining sitting a year  why take visits? Maybe Diong, but even that looks like a long shot at this point.

26 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Everything you said is why. We already knew mostly what the roster was going to look like. Now we really dont know.

Also, if Totz signs Wood, Jenkins & Mitrou-Long, thats three players sitting out and means whats on roster now is the roster for 2019.

Thats a cause for panic because that means rebuild. Ntambwe is not coming back. If he wasnt entertaining sitting a year  why take visits? Maybe Diong, but even that looks like a long shot at this point.

Just let MM go.  He isn't our coach anymore.  He wasn't the coach anyone ever asked for.  Crying about what could have been is a waste of time especially when there was nothing ever going to materialize in the first place with MM.  I hated everything MM was doing with our basketball team.  I can't see how keeping guys on scholarship sitting on the bench for, in some cases, +2 years is rebuilding.  I never knew half the time what the offense was trying to accomplish.  Defense sucked most often.  I think I have a better idea what Totz is going to do without ever watching him coach a Rebel team than what I saw the last three years with MM.  I don't mean to attack you but, I don't get why Rebel fans want to panic on the recruiting after the bullshit we've endured the last three years.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Not sure why anyone would panic at this point, we have no idea what the roster is going to look like next year.  And since Ntambwe wasn’t invited to the combine or G league thingy he might decide he doesn’t want to take two more years to get to the NBA and might come back for one rather than transfer and wait two. If he comes back maybe one or two others come back as well. And if not, ok, 

But before he lands any big time recruits I think they are going to want to see if he actually plays the type of basketball he says he will. It just makes sense. 

I don’t know what Ntwambe is thinking, it’s going to be a very tough road for him with the other options outside of UNLV. 

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Mitrou-Long is a grad transfer and immediately eligible to play.Also, I really don't think Ntwambe wants to sit out an entire year and predict he will be back.

54 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Just let MM go.  He isn't our coach anymore.  He wasn't the coach anyone ever asked for.  Crying about what could have been is a waste of time especially when there was nothing ever going to materialize in the first place with MM.  I hated everything MM was doing with our basketball team.  I can't see how keeping guys on scholarship sitting on the bench for, in some cases, +2 years is rebuilding.  I never knew half the time what the offense was trying to accomplish.  Defense sucked most often.  I think I have a better idea what Totz is going to do without ever watching him coach a Rebel team than what I saw the last three years with MM.  I don't mean to attack you but, I don't get why Rebel fans want to panic on the recruiting after the bullshit we've endured the last three years.

Seems like a questionable statement considering Totz was a 3rd choice at best and noone was clamoring about Otzelberger before he was hired.

Also notice that all you did was bad mouth a guy who was getting improvement yearly, while not mentioning a single positive thing about Totz. You dont say anything about Totz terrible defensive teams. Its just all bias, no objective facts.

Saying nothing was going to materialize under MM is just a baseless opinion. Its not factual. You dont know that at all. Because regardless of why MM got the most wins in mwc in years. 

Im complaining because the CURRENT roster and situation is unquestionably worse than the situation UNLV was in before this move.

Im not saying MM was great or holding on. Im questioning Totz, his resume and this move. Its looking worse every day and people such as yourself who are asking people like me to look away and pipe down are some of the main ones who whined and cried for this move and are now turning a blind eye to the consequences. 

Prepare to hear several of us crying, whining and complaining the same way many cried, whined and complained to blow up the last two programs to restart.

I never wanted to even risk a rebuild. We just went through a rebuild them hit reset as soon as it was supposed to start paying off. Yall are happy about a rebuild and there is no promise it will be a success. It makes zero sense. 

9 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

Mitrou-Long is a grad transfer and immediately eligible to play.Also, I really don't think Ntwambe wants to sit out an entire year and predict he will be back.

He just went on a visit this past weekend. He doesnt want to play power forward. I know this for certain.

He wont be back. Hope for Bangai and Diong and even they are long shots. 

This is a 3 year rebuild.

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

He just went on a visit this past weekend. He doesnt want to play power forward. I know this for certain.

He won't. TJ's offense is much different than MM. It's position less basketball. 

12 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Last year was an improvement?

When was the last time UNLV won 11 conference games? 

When was the last time all the teams that finished ahead of UNLV lost almost everyone while UNLV brought everybody back?

Of course it was improvement over his 1st year. 

Will Totz finish 4th or better or with more than 17 -20 wins?

Wager? Put up or shut up.

7 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

He won't. TJ's offense is much different than MM. It's position less basketball. 

Youre talking like a fan.

He knew who Totz was before he took his last two trips.

10 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

He doesnt want to DEFEND power forwards. Hes a swing on the next level. Playing pf probably hurts, not helps.

1 hour ago, PrimeReb said:

It makes sense then. Reminds me of Jazz Johnson at reno.

He will have a ton of 2-12 1-6 nights. Hoping Totz can load up for a big 2020.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

When was the last time UNLV won 11 conference games? 

The league was weak, probably the weakest it’s ever been. I recall losing to Air Force In record setting fashion. Think we only beat teams with a combined 30% winning record and the teams we lost to in conference had 60% or so. 11 wins really doesn’t mean squat. 

It’s already been discussed on here a lot. 

After 3 years of watching mediocre Marv we have no idea who he was or what he was cabable of, yet you 2 guys seem to know everything about Otz and what he is cabable of before his team is even formed let alone take 1 step onto a basketball court. 

Priceless as always.

I think you guys might be getting a surprise commit shortly in David Jenkins who was a heavy lean for us but apparently we may be landing someone really big and didn’t want to run the risk of losing him because we signed Jenkins instead. The rumor is we may be getting Deishen Nix and having him re-classify to 2019.

You can only play the league youre in. Nothing MM could do about the league being good or bad, but there was not a huge difference in league rating from the Rice years and no top 10 teams back then. So the league argument holds no weight no matter how many times you make it. If it was bad each year and he improved each year, then MM gets credit. But you guys hate the guy so much personally that you would rather see the program be worse than give the guy credit and that has hurt the program.

You got what you wanted and the league is weak. So Totz should win it this year, right? Since hes such a superior coach. 

People arent even confident at this point. Its just, lets see how he fills the roster out. Maybe Ntambwe will come back. Maybe 6' grad transfers who avg 5ppg will light up the mwc, right? Sure.

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

Any word on the Greek kid Dimitrios Klonaras?  Hawaii offered but supposedly he was taking a visit to UNLV.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

After 3 years of watching mediocre Marv we have no idea who he was or what he was cabable of, yet you 2 guys seem to know everything about Otz and what he is cabable of before his team is even formed let alone take 1 step onto a basketball court. 

Priceless as always.

No we know nothing and neither do you. Thats the entire point!

All there is now is uncertainty. At least there was stability, continuity and improvement within the conference. Now theres a higher paid, less experienced and totally unproven to replace all of that with. And were out of line for voicing displeasure? Screw that!

The irony is that you claim we know everything, while you incorrectly pretend to know what we think. 

derp

6 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Any word on the Greek kid Dimitrios Klonaras?  Hawaii offered but supposedly he was taking a visit to UNLV.

Where did you hear about a UNLV visit? Youre the 1st to drop his name with UNLV publically that ive seen.