Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster - Roster for 2019-2020 and Beyond.

The fact that DIong and now Beck are in the portal at the beginning of May I would say that they are gone one way or the other. They will either transfer or be recruited over which at this point is totally reasonable. They will more than likely take a step down in terms of conference as will JTT. If they had a value above the MWC they would almost certainly already be gone.

2 remaining scholarships with a need to find at least 1more front court player. We will have another 3 available next year after graduating 3 seniors this year so coach Otz has plenty of flexibility over the next 2 years to put his stamp on his program.

See OP for roster details.

Durango head coach Deshawn Henry will be hired as DOBO for UNLV. 

It's a big hire because not only is Henry a 12 year head coach in Las Vegas, but also a Nike program director and team usa assistant. 

This is for local Las Vegas recruiting and also seems to indicate Totz will be going after top 1 and done type players. 

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Durango head coach Deshawn Henry will be hired as DOBO for UNLV. 

It's a big hire because not only is Henry a 12 year head coach in Las Vegas, but also a Nike program director and team usa assistant. 

This is for local Las Vegas recruiting and also seems to indicate Totz will be going after top 1 and done type players. 

Why would a top 1 and done player go to a school like UNLV?  Wouldn't he want to showcase his talents on a good team in a P5 conference and play in March?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I expect Grill to sign too. I dont think Totz lands Jenkins. Not saying he wont. I just dont think he does.

2020 is probably what theyre shooting at because theres two scholarships and Totz is after guards like Ryan Murphy and Caleb Grill for 2019, not openly after any bigs. The big he has signed is for 2020.

So...

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Why would a top 1 and done player go to a school like UNLV?  Wouldn't he want to showcase his talents on a good team in a P5 conference and play in March?

Ask one of the several 1 and dones UNLV has had over recent years.

Just now, qwelish said:

Ask one of the several 1 and dones UNLV has had over recent years.

I did.  And none of them panned out.  McCoy wasn't even good enough to keep on the floor in close games.  Zimm going to the NBA was always a joke.

I wondered the same thing about Jordan Brown.  I figured it was the NBA experience of Muss that got him to go to NV.  

If you were a one and done guy, would you go to a mid major with no hope of going to the Dance? 

Barack Obama

I did.  And none of them panned out.  McCoy wasn't even good enough to keep on the floor in close games.  Zimm going to the NBA was always a joke.

I wondered the same thing about Jordan Brown.  I figured it was the NBA experience of Muss that got him to go to NV.  

If you were a one and done guy, would you go to a mid major with no hope of going to the Dance? 

Ask them or one of your toothless reno buddies over a fat bowl of meth.

6'2   G Amauri Hardy
6'4   G Trey Woodbury
6'4   G Bryce Hamilton
6'5   G Jonah Antonio
6'5   F Nick Blair
6'6   F Jay Green ●
6'7   F Ben Coupet ●
6'8   F Moses Wood ●
6'10 C Djordjie Slovancanin
6'11 C Cheickna Dembele

Walkons

6'2   G Marvin Coleman ■, 6'10 C Luis Bangai ●■???

So unless I missed someone UNLV now has 10 committed players not in the portal.

So Totz could sign Grill, Ryan Murphy and Jenkins. I doubt Totz signs three guards here. That makes Murphy either a back up option for Grill or no shot at Jenkins.

Either way Totz has got to get himself at least one big for 19 if hes got three rides to give.

All three schools are currently even in Grill’s mind, but UNLV and Otzelberger will get the last word.

“We have an unbelievable relationship,” Grill said of Otzelberger. “Me and him are a lot alike in how hard we work and how hard we compete. We see the game the same way.” 

“Distance is not something I’m worried about,” Grill said. “I want to be in a system that fits me and helps me become the best player I can possibly be. If I have to go far away to do that, that is what I am going to do.”

I think Totz lands Grill again. Will choose next week.

36 minutes ago, qwelish said:

6'2   G Amauri Hardy
6'4   G Trey Woodbury
6'4   G Bryce Hamilton
6'5   G Jonah Antonio
6'5   F Nick Blair
6'6   F Jay Green ●
6'7   F Ben Coupet ●
6'8   F Moses Wood ●
6'10 C Djordjie Slovancanin
6'11 C Cheickna Dembele

Walkons

6'2   G Marvin Coleman ■, 6'10 C Luis Bangai ●■???

So unless I missed someone UNLV now has 10 committed players not in the portal.

So Totz could sign Grill, Ryan Murphy and Jenkins. I doubt Totz signs three guards here. That makes Murphy either a back up option for Grill or no shot at Jenkins.

Either way Totz has got to get himself at least one big for 19 if hes got three rides to give.

Bangai is in the portal according to LVRJ

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

One of your more lucid responses.  

Yet a more plausible scenario than UNR fan having to worry about one and dones deciding whether to go to Reno. LMFAO at Aslowtroll!

One and dones might go to UNLV. One and dones never go to Reno. You're pathetic.

16 minutes ago, Boobie James said:

Yet a more plausible scenario than UNR fan having to worry about one and dones deciding whether to go to Reno. LMFAO at Aslowtroll!

One and dones might go to UNLV. One and dones never go to Reno. You're pathetic.

Yeah dude, that's a real NBA factory you got going down there. :hahaha:

No legit one and done will go to UNLV.  But maybe, if you're really lucky, you might get the next Brandon McCoy.  

One and done guys like to go established, winning programs where they can showcase their talents in March.  There is absolutely no reason for those guys to go to any MW program, especially to a program that hasn't won an NCAA game in over 10 years.     

Barack Obama

No legit one and done will go to UNLV.  But maybe, if you're really lucky, you might get the next Brandon McCoy.  

One and done guys like to go established, winning programs where they can showcase their talents in March.  There is absolutely no reason for those guys to go to any MW program, especially to a program that hasn't won an NCAA game in over 10 years.     

Dripping with jealousy!

Just now, qwelish said:

Dripping with jealousy!

Of what, exactly?  

Other than a 30 y/o trophy, you guys don't have anything to be jealous of.  

You guys can't even get a good coach. 

Barack Obama

15 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Of what, exactly?  

Other than a 30 y/o trophy, you guys don't have anything to be jealous of.  

You guys can't even get a good coach. 

Maybe worry about your own problems instead of knob swallowing UNLV 24/7. 

Another LV Knicks Player along with Nick Blake. Totz going in strong on lots of big guards and swing forwards 6-6 to 6-8. 

I like.

Most of the recruiting is for 2020 and 21 right now.

47 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Buddy, nobody said NBA factory, but I guess Aslowdipshit doesn't know Anthony Bennett was one and done and the #1 pick several years ago. Or that Rashad Vaughn was one and done and a 1st round pick.

Point is, Reno is not in the discussion. Ever. That's what I want to convey to you.

Have a little self awareness when you're pounding your keyboard, aka runnin' your mouth. Then maybe you won't look so foolish.