Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaAllStar

Jaden McDaniels question

Now that Jalen is leaving any thoughts from our Aztec brethren on how it affects Jaden’s decision? I wonder how much of a draw playing with his brother was keeping SDSU in the hunt and if they lose a little momentum, or if he was high on SDSU on their own merits.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:07 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

Now that Jalen is leaving any thoughts from our Aztec brethren on how it affects Jaden’s decision? I wonder how much of a draw playing with his brother was keeping SDSU in the hunt and if they lose a little momentum, or if he was high on SDSU on their own merits.

Nobody has any idea but if you want, I'll start a twitter account and make a bunch of shit up about it. It'll all be attributable to "sources", of course

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 3/27/2019 at 11:07 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

I think the prevailing argument is if anything, his departure makes landing Jaden (marginally) more likely. I think PT would and will be a huge factor in his decision.

That being said, I'm not confident we land him - the allure of using a blue blood program as a springboard to 1-and-done may be too great.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

50 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think the prevailing argument is if anything, his departure makes landing Jaden (marginally) more likely. I think PT would and will be a huge factor in his decision.

That being said, I'm not confident we land him - the allure of using a blue blood program as a springboard to 1-and-done may be too great.

😂😂😂😂 he was only going there if Jalen stayed.

Washington is the overwhelming favorite now. 

2 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

😂😂😂😂 he was only going there if Jalen stayed.

Washington is the overwhelming favorite now. 

I haven't been following his recruitment that closely for the simple reason we were always a dark horse at best. :shrug:

I am curious tho - do you pee your pants laughing whenever you hear a knock-knock joke?

14 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I haven't been following his recruitment that closely for the simple reason we were always a dark horse at best. :shrug:

I am curious tho - do you pee your pants laughing whenever you hear a knock-knock joke?

Given I’ve never heard of that ever happening before, I feel sorry for you as that must just be a you problem. I’ll ensure I don’t tell a knock knock joke in the future to keep your pants clean.

50 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

Given I’ve never heard of that ever happening before, I feel sorry for you as that must just be a you problem. I’ll ensure I don’t tell a knock knock joke in the future to keep your pants clean.

tenor.gif

On 4/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Is he a legit one and done? To be honest I haven't seen him play. It would have been really special for you guys to land/keep both of the brothers. I know they were saying that about Brown but he never really got a chance to prove it under Muss...

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

Is he a legit one and done? To be honest I haven't seen him play. It would have been really special for you guys to land/keep both of the brothers. I know they were saying that about Brown but he never really got a chance to prove it under Muss...

Hard to say. Idk how strong next year's draft is projected to be, but the fact ESPN has him as the 6th-ranked recruit in the nation (and 1st-ranked PF) says something about his potential. His 8'11 standing reach would have placed him above the 70th percentile in this year's draft combine, and according to Kentucky Sports Radio, Corey Evans (of Rivals) compared him to a "more polished version of... lottery pick Jonathan Isaac."