Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

It is bad if Lipscomb is the team I am cheering for the most

What a terrible NCAAT for the Cinderellas this year.

Don't get me wrong I would like to Gonzaga win a NCAAT title but they are basically a national power at this point. Houston would be a decent story BUT I can't vote for any AAC schools.  #5 seed Auburn and #12 Oregon are literally the only non chalk teams left. And heck if you are going by Vegas Oregon is the only non chalk team (#5 Auburn was the favorite over #4 seed Kansas).  

As a fan I am more excited about Lipscomb's run in the NIT than any of these NCAAT sweet 16 teams. 

10 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Don't get me wrong I would like to Gonzaga win a NCAAT title but they are basically a national power at this point. Houston would be a decent story BUT I can't vote for any AAC schools.  #5 seed Auburn and #12 Oregon are literally the only non chalk teams left. And heck if you are going by Vegas Oregon is the only non chalk team (#5 Auburn was the favorite over #4 seed Kansas).  

As a fan I am more excited about Lipscomb's run in the NIT than any of these NCAAT sweet 16 teams. 

Cinderellas are typically not Final Four teams.  There are maybe a dozen instances where double digit seeds made a FF that weren't big conference schools.  What Cinderellas really do is make boring blowouts in the Sweet 16.  This is one of the most stacked second weekends in a long time, and pretty much every game going forward is a great matchup.

11 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Remember all the articles right after Selection Sunday saying "Holy crap, looks like the committee nailed it this year, I have pretty much no gripes"?

This is what happens when the committee nails it 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Florida State, Oregon, and Purdue are still worth rooting for. Gonzaga as well. Root for the teams that haven't seen the big stage for a while.

Nike U is always worth rooting AGAINST.

Boom goes the dynamite.