Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

MW Hoops the road to a 1 bid league

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Has BSU ever won a NCAA tourney game? Ever?

Bsu is the only school in this conference that has done anything of note this century. 

Every other school pisses down their legs when the opportunity is there. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Bsu is the only school in this conference that has done anything of note this century. 

Every other school pisses down their legs when the opportunity is there. 

You guys are special

The World Needs More Cowboys!

7 hours ago, slappy said:

Not really.  We are rebuilding.  It was expected.   When we get shots at the NCAA as lower seeds we need to perform.  Don’t take this so personal 

Rebuilding what??

Teams with RPIs in the 300s aren’t rebuilding.  They are just bad teams plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Rebuilding what??

Teams with RPIs in the 300s aren’t rebuilding.  They are just bad teams plain and simple. 

Teams with RPI’s in the 300’s is the MWC’s OOC scheduling model.  Speaking of one bid.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Mike Bronson said:

Teams with RPI’s in the 300’s is the MWC’s OOC scheduling model.  Speaking of one bid.

It’s the conference scheduling model as well. 

Discouraging how far the conference has fallen in men’s basketball over the past 5 years and Wyoming is as much to blame as anyone.  

Just now, OrediggerPoke said:

It’s the conference scheduling model as well. 

Discouraging how far the conference has fallen in men’s basketball over the past 5 years and Wyoming is as much to blame as anyone.  

Mike Bronson thinks it is much longer than 5 years.  The 2013 tournament exposed the MWC’s Ponzi scheme.  It has been downhill from there.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

A: Fans of schools which suck in both football and men's basketball.

Tennessee? 

On 3/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, #1Stunner said:

Easy.  Because white men cant jump!

That's a poor excuse (even USU and BYU have some success).

Plus, Colorado has more black people living there than any of the other neighboring States I listed.

I'm just baffled that the State of Colorado doesn't seem to ever have decent College athletics.  And I say that selfishly, as the University of Denver would be a good addition to the WCC, if they could ever have decent athletics....  But oddly, every school in Colorado seems to suck at basketball, and frequently sucks at football.

But I'm sure that having 22-24 yr old fathers out there playing against 18-21 yr old boys doesn't make a difference right?

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

2 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

But I'm sure that having 22-24 yr old fathers out there playing against 18-21 yr old boys doesn't make a difference right?

Last time I checked everyone is allowed to recruit LDS players????

5b5099e8aa03b29470de771c4b1727b8.png

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

What are you arguing?

That USU and BYU have the advantage because many of our guys are 25 years old?

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

What are you arguing?

That USU and BYU have the advantage because many of our guys are 25 years old?

Maturation is always an issue in competitive sports.  No way to get around it.  Football more so than basketball.  

On 3/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

A: Fans of schools which suck in both football and men's basketball.

Speaking of which, the lady Cougars tip off against Stanford on ESPN2 in less than an hour.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:18 AM, TheDogSnake said:

Sounds like Nevada haha. Our starting lineup was older than the Phoenix Suns this year.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, smltwnrckr said:

It's true. SJSU is keeping this conference from more sweet 16 appearances.

LULZ.

No... SJSU isn't the only problem

The MWC is losing traction from the top-down.

Losing Musselman was BRUTAL... especially with media negotiations about to heat up.

Is it time to reconfigure?

Thompson has already addressed the SJSU problem. Has SJSU gotten any better since then?

It's not unprecedented for leagues to expel members. Temple got expelled from the original Big East.

Is it time for the MWC to cut some schools, and strategically build from there with schools in high population areas like Texas??

If so, that has to happen NOW before the media deal is final.

The league as it stands is one-bid worthy, especially now that Muss has left.

Perhaps the MWC needs to be blown up... and a hybrid conference of good basketball schools and FEWER football schools should be built to share revenue evenly and efficiently. (address the terrible Boise deal, AFA basketball, etc)

CUT THE FAT.

Balzac Out

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Balzac said:

No... SJSU isn't the only problem

The MWC is losing traction from the top-down.

Losing Musselman was BRUTAL... especially with media negotiations about to heat up.

Is it time to reconfigure?

Thompson has already addressed the SJSU problem. Has SJSU gotten any better since then?

It's not unprecedented for leagues to expel members. Temple got expelled from the original Big East.

Is it time for the MWC to cut some schools, and strategically build from there with schools in high population areas like Texas??

If so, that has to happen NOW before the media deal is final.

The league as it stands is one-bid worthy, especially now that Muss has left.

Perhaps the MWC needs to be blown up... and a hybrid conference of good basketball schools and FEWER football schools should be built to share revenue evenly and efficiently. (address the terrible Boise deal, AFA basketball, etc)

CUT THE FAT.

Balzac Out

This board attracts some strange people. 

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

Utah State will be a tournament team next year. UNM will have the talent to be.  Someone else could step up too

I was hoping UNM would be this year. It looked lost most of the season. I don’t get that program at all. 

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I was hoping UNM would be this year. It looked lost most of the season. I don’t get that program at all. 

UNM is stacked. If they don't do anything, it is coaching. I really don't think PW can coach. UNM poached him after one year at NMSU. I really really hope I'm wrong. 

14 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Yeah, coaching is a big question mark, but Paul Weir has still banked some good will from me for taking a makeshift team last year to within 5 minutes of the tournament. 

Lyle will be healthy and is coming back and Jackson is testing NBA waters right now but I'll be surprised if he's not back. Thrown in Drinnon who showed improvement towards the end of the season and really solid transfers in Caldwell, Martin, and Hendrix, and I legitimately think we're going to have the best back court in the league next year. Front court depth is an issue, but when Bragg can stay on the floor, he's going to cause a massive matchup issue for anyone not named Queta. 

I'm cautiously optimistic, but after finishing 7th this year with our talent, I can't rule out coaching screwing this team up again.