Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cherrycrush

Hire Ritchie McKay

5 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

He took Liberty to the big dance and didn’t get embarrassed.  I never wanted him to leave Albuquerque.  He gave us Danny Granger and JR Giddens. I miss those days. 

Mike Bronson doesn’t know why he would take a demotion.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

He took Liberty to the big dance and didn’t get embarrassed.  I never wanted him to leave Albuquerque.  He gave us Danny Granger and JR Giddens. I miss those days. 

Liberty looks well coached.

Why was Ritchie McKay run off?

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Liberty looks well coached.

Why was Ritchie McKay run off?

He got run out of town by the casual fans.  Just like Rocky Long.  Not good enough.  Two guys I never wanted to see go.  We never learned that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side thing, I guess?

9 minutes ago, cherrycrush said:

never mind 

Nuff said

He achieved something New Mexico cannot offer him.  A tournament victory.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

9 hours ago, cherrycrush said:

He got run out of town by the casual fans.  Just like Rocky Long.  Not good enough.  Two guys I never wanted to see go.  We never learned that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side thing, I guess?

That is BS. Ritchie was a nice guy in general, but he lost the job because he barely scraped together 2 winning season out of 5 and if it hadn't been for that one magic year with Danny he would have had a sub .500 record over his time here. That just was not gonna cut it. On top of that Ritchie could not keep his religious views out of the dressing room and while there is nothing wrong with being a good Christian, UNM is a public school and there are certain boundaries.

Liberty being a private baptist university is simply a much better fit for him.