Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Way Too Early 2019-2020 Basketball Preseason Rank Em

18 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Nah that changed years ago. Used to be based on the ejection seat and really wasn't heighth but was more sitting height. In the old days the ejection seat went through the canopy therefore you had to have so much room between the top of the helmet and the canopy to allow the breaker tool on the back of the seat to hit  first. Things are changing as airplanes are changing. I do not know what the actual height requirement is now but I know there's even waivers for that since everybody does not have the option of going to pilot training after graduation. 

In recent years

Zach Moer 6'11"; Olesinski 6'10" ; Broekhuis 6'10"

Then I guess Kareem Abdul Jabber as a pilot in Airplane was not an anomaly? LOL

5 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Nice one.....ah....Boeing .707 had no ejection seats

I went on a tour to Italy a couple of years ago and one of the guys I met was a retired commercial pilot.  He was originally from Louisiana and graduated from the AFA.  I forgot his last name, but his first name was King.  He said his flight control handle was Sky King, which was a TV series in the 50's.  Do you go back that far?     

5 hours ago, aztech said:

I went on a tour to Italy a couple of years ago and one of the guys I met was a retired commercial pilot.  He was originally from Louisiana and graduated from the AFA.  I forgot his last name, but his first name was King.  He said his flight control handle was Sky King, which was a TV series in the 50's.  Do you go back that far?     

Reruns still on when I was old enough to understand....that plus Col Steve Canyon and Terry and the Pirates in cartoon strips 

..GO FALCONS..

On 3/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, Agzrule said:

USU

UNM

SDSU

NEVADA

FRESNO STATE

CSU

BOISE

AFA

UNLV

WYO

SJSU

I like the top 5 on this list.  UNM is adding some very good players next season and if Paul Weir doesn't gag the Lobos should be very good.  Of course that is what we in Lobo land thought was going to happen last season and we saw how that turned out.  Seriously the Lobos have some talent on the roster and with Anthony Mathis getting another year of eligibility, the Lobos have one of the best 3 pt shooters back again.

I think USU is a good preseason pick for #1 with the other 4 beating each other up for a top spot.  I have a sneaky feeling that UNLV will finish higher than most think. 

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg